Chapter. 29

Sakura's Pov

I opened the door and Naruto was gone. I heard Ino's laughter down stairs. She's back! I raced downstairs. I saw Naruto catch my gaze and put a finger to my lips. He gave a subtle nod. "Asshole." Naruto retorted back," Ino pig." Before she could let out her attacks out on Naruto, I pounced on her from behind. "Oh! Sakura! I almost pissed myself." I got off of her back, cackling. I was in a good mood today. I couldn't help but think that spending the whole morning cuddling with Naruto was a major cause of the grin still plastered on my face. Bestfriend cuddling sessions hit different. "So what are we doing today?" It was time for one of Ino's mischievous smiles to make its grand entrance. Naruto started groaning, already preparing for the worst. She scratched her cheek trying to play innocent. I went to the cabinets, by Naruto, to get a glass. "Well, I may or may not be throwing a party in a week and inviting everyone that's currently renting out houses."

I could feel Naruto's whole body go rigid. He seemed to have zoned out as Ino started ranting about all the preparations that needed to be done. "Naruto, you're tense." I attempted to put a hand on his shoulder but that failed as he avoided my touch. Saying it didn't hurt my feelings a little bit would be a lie though I wasn't going to show it did. "E-excuse me," he stepped outside and closed the door behind him. Returning my attention back to Ino, who was oblivious to what just happened, I let her rant a few seconds more before telling her to shut up. "Rude," she huffed. She threw a pack of balloons at me. "Help me blow these babies up. Huh, where's Naruto?" I didn't want to worry her so I blurted the first thing that came to mind. "He had to take a shit." Saying it with a straight face was harder than I thought it would be and I was grateful when Ino started laughing.

Half an hour later Naruto joined us in my room. He leapt on the edge of the bed. I gave Ino a look, asking her not to say anything about Naruto's 'bathroom adventures.' He'd probably kill me when he got the chance to. I didn't feel like dying today. I threw him some balloons," Stop staring and help us blow these up." He caught them with one hand. "Speaking of staring, Ino you look pretty today." I rolled my eyes and poor Ino looked scared. "Thank you?" I crossed my arms. "So you wanted me to say thank you but make it sounds like a question," I said smirking. Naruto sighed. "You two just don't appreciate my rare compliments." Ino kept looking between Naruto and I as we had our own staring contest. 

"So no one's going to fill me in? Okay," she started with her pettiness. "Earlier, I told Sakura she looked pretty, more or less, and she told me to stop playing games," he crossed his arms and put on a pouty face," You were suppose to show her how to properly accept a compliment." Ino and Naruto shared a look, like they were having a full blown conversation telepathically. "I see," she said putting a hand on her chin, fighting back her smirk. "Sakura you hurt the poor child's ego by not accepting his compliment. Next time take the compliment." I rolled my eyes and went back to blowing up balloons. There was a knock from the front door. "I'll get it. It's probably Sai," Ino hopped off the bed causing a few balloons to pop. "Sorry!" And she was gone. I caught Naruto staring at me, not how he was earlier in the morning, a different kind of staring.

"Tell me," I told him in between blowing up balloons, noticing he was already done. "At the party, I want you to have fun but, I want you to stay near me. I just have an uneasy feeling." Finishing the last of my balloons, I heaved a sigh. "Okay." He shook his head and heaved a sigh of his own. "No disagreements?" He looked surprised, I shook my head no. "I don't like how, lately, you've been able to read me." 

I tackled him. "Aww don't be so sad that I can read you. If it makes you feel better, there are still times where I don't have a clue what you're thinking." I poked his cheek. Ino walked in the room with Sai in tow. "Whoa, are we interrupting something here? Looks like you're doing some coupley stuff right now." Ino wiggled her eyebrows. "Naruto was pouting because I'm starting to be able to read him." She gave a response that meant she didn't hear anything I just said and was just looking at me on top of him. "We'll come back later. Let's go Sai." She closed the door but not before winking at us. I looked down at Naruto. "Do we really look like a couple?" he shrugged. "With you being on top of me, I could see where she's coming from." Rolling my eyes I got off him.