Chapter. 19

Sakura's Pov(Back at School)

"Earth to Sakura!" I caught Ino waving her hand in front of my face. I hadn't realized I spaced out. "Sorry what?" She gave me one of her annoying worried looks.

"You've been spacing out a lot more since I picked you up from Naruto's house. That was three days ago. I had a feeling that you didn't want to talk about what happened since it looked like you had been crying for a while so I didn't ask. However looking at the state you're in I have to. What happened?"

She was right. I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't think that it would happen so I was still heartbroken over it. I felt like I had lost something really precious to me. Something that you didn't think had that much worth to you but as soon as it gets snatched away you feel depressed over losing it. The bell rang, signaling it was time for lunch, and still no sign of Naruto.

After finding at place to sit, I decided to tell Ino what happened that night. I was almost finished when someone accidently nudged my shoulder. I looked back to apologize for being in the way. "Sor-," I stopped when I saw who it was, "Naruto?" He looked like he hadn't gotten any kind of sleep. The clothes he wore looked like he just picked something random off a chair or the ground. I wasn't sure if I had imagined it but when he saw it was me his features softened slightly. 

"Sorry," he mumbled and quickly walked off. I let him slip through my hands. Ino came over to give me a hug. I finished telling the story to Ino and lunch ended. I didn't think he was here since I didn't see him in any classes. Next was Kakashi sensei's class. I sat down in my normal seat, waiting for the tardy bell to ring. Naruto appeared and sat down next to me, like usual.

"Hey." He didn't acknowledge me and looked to the straight to the front.  Oh.                          "Today you will be working in pairs." I could feel Naruto tense up beside me and murmur 'fuck.' I zoned out as Kakashi sensei went over the project and studied Naruto's features. Like earlier it looked like he hadn't slept, except worse. His eyes had humongous dark circles under them and his cheeks were more skeleton like. His skin had gotten pale. His lips didn't look as kissable as I thought that night I had examined them. I'm going to mentally ignore what I just said. He had a hoodie over his head which made his blue eyes darker than before.

"Don't worry, I'll ask Kakashi to get a partner change for you." When he got up I caught the end of his sleeve. He looked back at me with a blank expression. I could be imagining it but I think he's doing it for his own. Reluctantly, I let go and looked down at the papers that had been passed. The partner I got- oh hell no. It was that bitch Emily. I didn't even realize she was in this class. Well it is the beginning of the second semester so her schedule probably got changed around. That's probably why I haven't seen Naruto. Thank goodness class ended before I had to actually interact with the bitch.

Scholl ended and I was waiting on Ino stop flirting with her crush from a distance. It felt like there was someone behind me. I looked and no one was there. Weird. From the corner of my eye I saw yellow hair. He must be leaving now. I sighed and wished I had enough balls to grab him by his shirt and make him talk to me. Sadly he probably wanted to be alone and I respected that.

The next week went by slowly. Most of the time it felt like I was floating out of my body and observing my surroundings. I had been spending my lunch watching Ino and her crush flirt around. I miss Naruto. The dreaded class had came, Kakashi Sensei's. After getting seated and going over things Kakashi let us talk with our partners. 

"Sasuke's anniversary is coming up, next week right?" No. I stood up and she quickly pulled me back down. "I've noticed that you and that Demon haven't been hanging around lately. I discovered something interesting about him if you want to hear about it." She started writing her number on a piece of paper and handed it to me. I scoffed.