Chapter.10

Naruto's Pov
I didn't mean to say it. It slipped out in the heat of the moment. She wouldn't leave it alone,wouldn't reason with me. Her face was shocked to say the least. Suddenly it felt as if I could feel fear creeping around her.

"Kuruma,what's happening?"
"You failed."
"Wait- don't tell me.."
"Sorry kiddo. It seems you've grown attached."
"Damn. There's no way to undo it is there?"
"No. You know what's bound to happen,right kiddo?
"I'm not going to let anything happen to her. I will protect her."

It was at that moment I hated myself more than I ever have before. How ever I made an oath to protect this pink haired girl who suddenly made an entrance in my life. Then again she might bolt after what I said.

"You killed someone?" She said it as if she was trying to convince herself otherwise. Like I couldn't ever commit such a crime. I did something I thought I would never do. I took her hands in mine and looked straight into her eyes.

"Yes." She looked down at our hands.
"But it was an accident right?" She looked up and I nodded my head. I didn't want to tell her that I had got attached and the same thing was bound to happen to her. One day I will have to tell her who it was. As if on cue she asked the dreaded question.

"Who was it?" Tell her or don't tell her?
"Don't." I sided with Kuruma and decided to postpone this conversation to another date.
"I don't want to talk about it." I suppose she could see the grief in my eyes because she held onto my hand tighter.

"Get a room. Wait. Don't. I never said anything." The nurse walked to her desk covering her obviously bright red face. I let go of Sakura's hand and stood up.

"We should get to class. What period is it?" Sakura didn't answer me for,like, five minutes.
"Sakura!" I raised my voice and her head instantly shot up.
"Huh?"
"What period is it?"
"U-umm...I don't know."
"Well let's go find out." I held out my hand and she took it. Which surprised me.

(I just realized that I messed up with their class schedule. Some thing are going to have to change. 4th period and 6th period will probably change. Sorry if you get confused.)

We had another sub which was good and we were watching video which was a bonus. I forgot me and Sakura were holding hands until I heard the whispers about us when we walked in the class. I immediately let go of Sakura's hand when I spotted one of her 'friends'. She held on when I turned to look at her it looked like she was in a trance.

"Sakura. You're breaking a rule." She looked up at me.
"No I'm not. If the peasant wants the company of the dominant the rule doesn't apply." She said it as if she was a robot or something. When we sat at our table near the back I asked her if she was okay. She simply nodded. I looked at our hands. She still hasn't let go.

Sakura's Pov
There was a reason I kept his hand in mine. It felt like it was the only thing keeping me here. That sounds weird doesn't it? Ever since our conversation it dawned on me that he was really a demon. I didn't think he would be capable of killing someone. He did say it was an accident.

Why hold hands with a demon after he confessed he killed someone? That question would bounce in my head a lot.
"Sakura. It's lunch time." I didn't feel like eating. Knowing that Naruto doesn't eat we just sat there in silence hand in hand.

"Do you want me to go or stay?" I looked up to see what he was talking about. The girls.
"Stay." I heaved a deep sigh before the little group approached our table. I caught Naruto's look of uneasiness.

"My,my. Sakura has he brainwashed you? You're holding hands with him." She pointed to our hands.
"I thought I had a will of my own. I can do what ever I want."
"So you're telling me that you want to die. I know you miss Sasuke but I don't think he would want you to die by this demon." I squeezed Naruto's hand tight. It was the only thing keeping me from punching her dead in her face. He didn't complain as I kept squeezing his hand tighter.

Before I could say anything I heard a familiar voice.
"Leave Sakura alone. What the hell would you know anything about Sasukes wishes. We all know you wanted to screw him." Ino crossed her arms over her chest, standing her ground.

"This has nothing to do with you, Ino."
"It has everything to do with me. You're messing with my best friend. Leave before someone gets hurt." The little group Jessica had with her left after shooting Naruto a glance. After giving him a glance myself it looked like he couldn't care less.

Ino sat down across from me and I realized my grip on Naruto's hand was still tight. I finally let go while letting out a deep sigh.
"Thank you, Ino." She gave me a wink and smiled.
"Anytime." I realized I hadn't introduced Imo and Naruto to each other properly.

"Ino, Naruto. Naruto, Ino." They awkwardly shook hands and I couldn't help but laugh.
"What are y'all doing after school today?" I asked. Naruto shot me a does-it-look-like-i-have-a-social-life stare.
"Nothing. What do you have in mind?"
"Paint Ball war." I gave them both a smirk.

"I'm free." Knowing Naruto has no plans I went ahead and confirmed our after school meeting.
"Good. We'll meet at the Ice Cream shop." Ino nodded and lunch was over. She waved us a goodbye and left back to her class. I heard Naruto sigh.
"What?"
"You're trying to torture me. You know I'm no social butterfly." He said, obviously annoyed. I let out a light laugh.

"It will be fun. I promise." Little did I know how much the opposite would happen.

So I rushed to hurry and upload this chapter because of the live I got from a certain reader. Thank you for boosting my confidence in writing this story. Don't forget to check out my other stories. I hope you enjoyed, Sayonara!😘