5. Home And Family

After training sasuke left the training ground and went to go for shopping.
He brought vegetables and new clothes

Sasuke came inside the house and saw that naruto wasn't there and started cooking.

A few minutes later naruto came to the house knowing sasuke was already in there

Naruto pov~
I pushed the door open and I said "I am home" and I heard a 'welcome home' from the kitchen. For the first time in my entire life I was welcomed in my home. Sasuke felt like a family to me. I felt warmth in my heart.

It smelt like......... tomatoes?.... What is he doing. I went to the kitchen and saw sasuke was..... Cooking? "hey I made tomato soup.....cuz I don't like ramen.... You can also eat if you want".
I said ok and left to go freshen up

In the shower I sat there, thinking what it's like to have a family, what it's like to be loved, and just thought it's never gonna happen

Sasuke pov~
Naruto's eyes were glimmering, as if to say that he is happy. I don't know why but I wanna keep it that way

No one's pov~
Sasuke had already freshen so he didn't need to do it again. He set the utensils on the table.

Naruto came from shower and sat on the chair. His eyes were still glimmering. Even though he didn't speak or show any emotions on his face, sasuke knew he was happy.

Naruto smiled and said "thank you very much sasuke" and started eating, "it's delicious" naruto smiled again

Sasuke pov~
That smile.... He's never smiled like that before.... It must only mean two things, 1. He does not like the tomato soup so he is fake smiling or 2. He likes the soup and this is his real smile and all the other smiles he showed were just masks to hide his emotions.

We ate silently... He was still smiling.... Does that mean that even simple gestures like this makes him happy? I guess that's it.

We went to bed turning the lights off. Just like yesterday we slept on the bed. After like half an hour naruto asked "hey sasuke are you awake" he was looking at the ceiling and so was I. "yeah why" "I just wanted to ask something" "what is it?" I asked.

What he asked me made my eyes go wide... "what does it feel like to have a family" I remembered 'right he doesn't have a family.... He was alone from the beginning'. I answered him

" a strict yet a kind father, a loving mother....." I stopped a while and with gritted teeth I said "an annoying yet caring sibling.... All of this to make you feel complete". "thanks... Good night" and he slept "good night" and I also slept

It was dark and it was blury, but I knew exactly what was going on. My father was laying next to my mother. Both bodies were in a pool of blood. A shadow behind them. I didn't need to see the face, it was itachi

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS!?!?" "to test my abilities" as I was looking at my brother, the shape of the bodies changed. It was a blond boy in his orange jump suit lying in a pool of blood "NARUTO!?!"

I woke screaming with beads of sweat on my face, I was panting. Somebody hugged me from behind "don't worry it's just a dream" I looked behind. It was naruto. It looked like he just woke up and at the table the clock showed 2:45 am.

I turned my whole body around and hugged him back. "let it out" as soon as he said that, tears formed in my eyes and I began sobbing on Naruto's shoulder. He began to rub my back in a soothing way.

I don't know when but I just slept on his shoulder

Naruto pov~
Sasuke slept on my shoulder and I carefully placed him next to me. I wasn't awaken by him screaming but I was awaken by my own nightmare. A nightmare that is haunting me since childhood.

*hey author chan here. Hope you liked this chapter*