"I would definitely enjoy working here." Kabir said looking in her direction with a smirk on his face. He joined the conversation with Lavanya but his mind was thinking in completely different direction.

***

Zara was on her rounds, checking up on her patients. She was handling the case of Namrata a twelve year old girl with meningioma.

She asked the resident to present the case and she was about to start when he entered the room.

"Hello Namrata! I'm Dr. Kabir Shah, your other doctor." He introduced himself.

You are really taking revenge from me for something I have done? I'm praying regularly then why? Why is it happening? Zara asked God.

She has spent the entire day tomorrow and night today, to give herself the prep talk about how to avoid the blue eyes. First step was to avoid the room he was.

Yet here they are.

"Hello, Dr. Zara! Good morning everyone." He greeted her residents and interns with the signature Kabir Shah smile and Zara thought to keep few IV ready, as she was sure her female interns were about to fall any minute now.

Also, she needs to take some drugs to calm her own arrhythmias.

"Hello, Dr. Kabir. I didn't know you are on this case too. I would have waited for you before starting." She politely said.

"You waited enough."

Kabir replied and even though Zara was not good at that stuff, she felt as if his words had some meaning other than the obvious one.

See this man confuses her to the core! Now she is imagining things too. Why would they mean something else? What would be that something else?

Too much questions yet no answer.

"Don't worry. We can start afresh now that we both are here."

He said looking at her again and she just nodded; not understanding the double meaning.

"Present the case, please." She said and immersed herself in medicine to divert any other thoughts.

***

He was intelligent that she already knew but working with him was going to be lifelong memorable experience.

They have discussed the case, the date of Namrata's surgery and any possible complications that might happen.

She was now siting in cafeteria with her work friend Dr. Ritu. Both of them have this cordial relation where they talk about their personal life but in a limit and respected their boundaries.

"How's your day going?" Zara asked.

"Tiring. Two broken legs, one arm fixed. Who knows what might come next? So I'm eating before I get paged." Ritu said while hurriedly stuffing food in her mouth.

"I'm scared of ortho. It needs you to be rough and tough. Not my cup of tea." Zara replied.

"As if brain surgery is any sweet! How was your day? Any interesting case?" Ritu asked.

"Twelve year old girl with brain tumour! Yay me!" Zara replied with fake enthusiasm.

"Just don't end up crying when she's in pain. You need to control your tear factory." Ritu teased her and Zara threw her chocolate at her playfully.

"I don't like to mix personal life with professional. So nope, I won't cry." Zara replied. "Any new hospital gossips that I need to be aware of?"

"Nothing much. Just some interesting facts about that blue eyed handsome as Greek God, Doctor who has blessed the female staff's eyes. What's his name again?" Ritu asked and Zara stiffened.

Even when he is not around, his talks won't leave her.

"Dr. Kabir Shah." She replied keeping her eyes on food.

Breaking rule number two.

Not saying his name unnecessarily. She should have pretended to not know.

"He is hot." Ritu said.

I know.

Zara thought and slapped herself for breaking rule three. No more thinking about his handsome-ness.

"Should I say that to your husband?" Zara asked playfully to divert the topic and was successful as Ritu laughed.

"He is hot but not my type and no you aren't saying anything to Pranav. He will lock me in our room." Ritu replied in a fake firm voice and Zara laughed knowing well how much they loved each other.

How she wished to have that kind of relationship with someone!

May be one day, hopefully.

"You know there's a betting pool going on in the hospital as to who will ask him out first. Silly people, it's just one day and they want to ask him out! What if he already has a girlfriend or fiancé or wife?" Ritu said and Zara felt her appetite being lost.

He didn't have any of those. No one came to meet him apart from Dr. Sanaa when he was in coma so he can't have any of those.

But that meant that he was available. He could date anyone he wants and that was alright. She was alright with that. In past she had imagined him with a perfect woman by his side. What she didn't imagine was to see him with someone in front of her eyes.

Now that was cruel to her.

She prayed that she won't have to see that. She would feel sad if she saw that even though she doesn't have any right to.

God make him happy with someone perfect for him. He deserves all the happiness. Just don't hurt me in this process. She prayed as they go up finishing their lunch.

***

Good graciousness Zara, please don't be so sweet...Praying for him even though he is being an ass.

Any idea on what's going on in Kabir's mind and what game is he playing? And moreover why is he playing?