Chapter 27-The Next Class

The next day he resumes his normal routine. Everything is going according to plan, and there's still no indication that anyone is the wiser in terms of his encounter with Suzanne yesterday. As far as he knows, they're still on for their tutoring session today. He came in at his usual time, before everyone else, and she came in with the rest of the students.

He usually dresses up a little in the morning, but today he puts a little extra into his appearance. In addition to of his clothes, he has a little knowing glow still on his face from what happened the day before. Besides, he wants to look nice for Suzanne in case they wind up hooking up again.

They already fucked, so what would be the harm in them fucking again? By his estimation and rationalization of what he wants to do, he'd be in the same amount of trouble if he gets caught.

He delivers his edutainment session on the heart. He goes on about the four chambers of the heart, 2 atria and 2 ventricles to be precise, all the while performing a sort of dance in the front of the room. He even has students stand in the front of the room to play the roles of human props to represent pumping atria and ventricles.

He uses a basketball to represent blood flow. The students throw it to one another, representing blood moving through the chambers and valves of the heart, blood vessels, lungs, and bodily tissues. It's one of his favorite lectures, and was always a hit. His own heart has been opened slightly more by Suzy, and it is seems to have a positive effect on his lecture.

Every once in a while, he would glance up at Suzanne during an exciting part to see if she was watching, but she manages to contain her excitement for the most part. She smiles at him, although she doesn't want to distract him. She's trying to play it cool in front of the other class members. Well done Suzanne.

He concludes his lecture, still in a light sweat from running around the front of the room so much, pouring out his energy for the students to lap it up. Pudge was practically falling out of his chair periodically, because he was so excited and laughing so hard at all of Mr. Hardwick's jokes. Pudge probably hasn't learned as much as the rest of the students in class, because he simply doesn't have the mental capacity that most of his young adult peers in the room had, but he had a great time.

He even walks up to Mr. Hardwick at the end of class to congratulate him on a job well done. Pudge lets him know just how much he enjoyed it, although Mr. Hardwick could already see that, based upon Pudge's facial and body expressions during class. A perfect 10 out of 10. Nailed it!

There's one face that isn't laughing super hard though. It's Suzanne's. She's not scowling, and doesn't really look mad. She doesn't look happy for that matter either. She has a relatively neutral look on her face. She remains on the side of the room until the other students clear out of the class. He reckons she's not smiling, because she is still a little shaken by yesterday's experience and she's processing all of it. The buzz in the room keeps dying down until Suzanne and Mr. Hardwick are the only ones left standing.