Chapter 11 | Confusing Unity Day

Zona's breath was hitched in her throat, she felt like she could no longer breathe, her shirt became tighter against her chest. "John Murhpy, never heard of him before. I do not associate myself with the sky people." Zona took a step away from Lady Anya who was quick to her feet, her dagger that she held in her hand was now pressed against Zona's neck, a guard holding onto Zona's sides so she wouldn't move.

"Traitor! You have been with them these past days, and now you will pay Zona, you are to leave with that boy when we are done with him! As a message of course," A smirk spread across Lady Anya's face as she looked at the terrified expression Zona held, who tried her best to keep on a brave face.

"Anya, all you have ever stood for is war, all you ever learned to do is fight but you are weak. They will conquer you, and when they do... I will be right by their side." That earned a blow from Lady Anya, Zona was released by the guard and thrown to the ground. Her eyes became blurry as several kicks were aimed to her stomach and chest, now she knew for sure she could no longer breathe.

-

Finn watched as Octavia snuck out the camp, his curiosity getting the best of him as he walked past the crowd sorrounding Jasper to get some of Monty's moonshine.

He didn't follow her as he intended to, deciding to do it later as he made his way to Raven's tent just as it was getting dark out. "Making bullets on Unity Day," Finn smirked at Raven who had a very concentrated look on her face. "The grounders don't know it's Unity Day," she stated bitterly. "We need to be ready to fight anyway, right?"

"Or we can talk to them?" Finn raised an eyebrow at Raven, who sarcastically said, "They seem to prefer stabbing. Violence is the only thing those people understand," Raven looked back at the bullets she was working on, her eyes hardening.

"You know they can say the same thing about us.", Finn retorted, his eyes equally as hard. Raven only stared at him as he grabbed several bullets. "If we keep going on this way, we'll never stop digging graves," Finn shook his head. "You didn't see him Finn, it didn't matter what we did to him. He was ready to let you die," Raven's expression softened at the thought of her loosing her only family, Finn only shaking his head some more.

"He was protecting himself, and besides I didn't need to look at him. I looked at Zona. She was willing to help us before we tortured one of her own. What does that say about us Raven?"

"Why are you defending him and her? They're grounders." Raven's eyes ceased as she stared, confused by what Finn was saying. "Nevermind," with that Finn left Raven's tent, ready to follow Octavia to where ever she had gone to.

-

Finn tracked Octavia's footsteps, his tracking skills kicking in. He was soon led to a cave, but what stood in front of him shocked him even more. When he stepped forward he made a noise with his feet, making Lincoln's first instinct to push Octavia behind him and pull out a dagger, ready to fight. "Finn? Lincoln wait, wait! He's my friend!" Octavia tried to calm lincoln down as Finn put his arms up, dropping a dagger that he held in his right hand to the ground.

"I think you lost this," he said.

-

When Finn and Octavia returned back to camp, they went their seperate ways. Finn going towards a very tipsy Clarke. "What is it?" She asked, her eyes tracing all over Finn's face. "Let's take a walk," he said, his eyes darting to his left, motioning to her that it was important.

"Did something happen?" Clarke's loosened state quickly vanished, a worried expression crossing her features. "I need you to come with me, I can't tell you why okay?"

"Finn, tell me why!" Clarke's eyebrows creased together at what he was saying, she was more confused than ever. "I set up a meeting with the grounders."

"A meeting? I don't understand with who? How? Will Zona be there?" Clarke lowered her voice as best as she could. "With the grounder we had at the dropship, he told me that Zona has been marked as a traitor from his people and all he knows is that what they're doing to her, will probably kill her, but maybe we can stop it."

Clarke completely froze at what he said. Zona had been caught for trying to help them? How? "Look, I know it's a longshot, but this is our world now, I think we can do better than the first time around. "I trust them, and you trust Zona. So let's do this for her, she scaraficed her life to help us survive on Earth so please Clarke, come to the meeting."

"If we do go, we have to bring guns, and back-up," Clarke stated. "No, we're not bringing guns. Those weren't the terms. If we're going to do this, we got to give it a fair shot." Clarke agreed, before becoming speechless. She was going to tell Bellamy anyway, because she knew he'd want to know about Zona. Something in her gut told her she had to tell him. Clarke and Finn agreed to meet at the gate of the camp, she slowly made her way towards Bellamy, knowing she had enough time to tell him what was happening.

"I need to talk to you," Clarke walked in front of Bellamy, making him stop walking. "Having fun yet princess?" He smirked as he referred to their little chat from earlier. "I'm serious."

"You always are." Bellamy gave her a confused expression, "...so talk."

"Finn set up a meeting with the grounders. I'm leaving to go talk to them." Bellamy's face completely changed, his expression hardening imensely. Would Zona be there?

"Have you lost your damn mind, after what we did we'd be lucky if Zona even spoke to us, but to have a meeting with the rest of them? They'd kill us Clarke," Bellamy shook his head, disbelief crossing his eyes. "Bellamy," Clarke grabbed his shoulder, making him focus his attention on her.

"They have Zona, they know what she's been doing. Finn says the torture they're giving her can ultimately kill her. So, I need you to follow us for back-up." Bellamy was stunned, he wore an expression on his face that was unreadable to Clarke. He felt as though every single day he was some how loosing Zona, and he didn't even know what that meant to him. "Finn doesn't know about back-up, and Bellamy... bring guns." Clarke walked away from him before he could even agree, but she knew he would after she told him of what the grounders were doing to Zona.

She could only hope for his sake and Zona's that it was not true, but in the back of her mind she did recall the gruesome torture Zona had told her what would be done to any grounder if they found out they were a traitor.

A/N: HI I KNOW I'M REALLY LATE! THANKS FOR ALMOST 6k THIS IS SO AWESOME ❤️ I'm working on Chapter 12 rn, so there might be some Zonamy moments in there. ;)

-Emily