Chapter 2 | Taking Chances

REVISED

Z O N A

When I returned back to the village I told Anya of the sky people and how they were still in a war with each other. It was a lie. They weren't at war they just had what looked to be disagreements. I just needed to hold Anya off for as long as I can.

I was still keeping guard of my village when I wandered off towards the sky people. I heard loud footseps over rocks and gravel, and decided to see what I found. Peering over the hill I stood on, I saw two tiny figures walking together. Wanting to see and hear more clearly, I quietly ran as fast as I could down the hill, my feet making loud thumps but they didn't seem to take notice.

"It's far enough," I heard a gruff voice demand as I came to a hault just behind a tree, a couple of feet away from the men.

"I don't want to shoot you Wells, hell I like you, but I do need them to think that you're dead." The man stood with his back to me, holding a weapon in the air before dropping it to his side. "Why, why are you doing this? For real, not some crap about getting to do what you want to do," the dark skinned man said and I recognized him from the earlier argument he had with a different man. Or was that figure standing in front of me that same man he had a disagreement with?

"I have my reasons, I also have the gun so I ask the questions," I held my dagger closely to my side as the man states his weapon. If that gun went off it could start an unknown war with my village and they'd think they were under attack. I need to stop this."The question is why aren't you helping me?" The man continued. "You're dad vanished you Wells and yet here you are still doing his bidding. Following the rules, aren't you tired of always doing what's expected of you? Stand up to him. Take off that wristband and then you'll be amazed at how good it feels."

The dark skinned man simply said 'no' a blank expression on his face. "Never, not going to happen. Is that clear enough for you?" He demanded.

"Yeah it is." The other man said and I heard a click of his weapon, he must be ready to attack. Suddenly another man came into view, followed by another figure.

They surrounded the dark skinned man and he quickly sprinted away from them. Two more men appeared and grabbed the darker man by his ankles. He yelled for agony and that's when I decided I should take my chances. I walked towards the man who had his back to me and he still didn't notice me until he spun around, his whole confident ora quickly slipping away at the sight of me. I grabbed him before he can act and pushed the dagger to his throat.

Quickly, I grabbed his gun and kicked it away from us. I heard a metal clank and looked up to see they hadn't even hurt the boy, just ripped off a medal bracelet of some sort. Great.

"What the hell?" One of the men spoke up as his eyes landed on me.

"Let him go and no one gets hurt," My voice echoed through the low hill and one of the men with a crooked nose laughed as he finally released the dark skinned man.

"You need to leave, now. You've been warned," My dagger flew across the crooked mans nose, landing into a pile of dirt, prefectly standing. Exactly where I aimed.

I threw the man I recognized as the tan man to the floor and sprinted up the hill, hoping to disappear into the distance before any of them followed me.

-

a/n; So obviously I'm changing a couple of parts. Bellamy, Murphy, Miller and Wells find out about the grounders before Clarke and Finn tell them. Trust me it will turn out good okay :)