Chapter 22 | Just Hanging Out

SO NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT ZONA'S NAME ACTUALLY BEING ARIZONA! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD REALLY ENJOY THAT :( ?

-

Bellamy and Zona stared at each other, not really knowing what to do. Murphy was the one with the gun, and Zona had stupidly left her dagger back in Bellamy's tent.

"Move that stool under it, now."

Bellamy hesitantly did what Murphy said and moved a broken piece of medal under the tight rope. Murphy looked back at Zona with an evil smile and cocked his head to the side. He walked towards her with his gun still aimed at Bellamy and picked her up by her arm, before pushing towards Bellamy who caught her before she could fall. "Stand on it," Murphy ordered.

Bellamy's heart raced against his chest as he shook his head violently. "No Murphy, no way. You are taking this too far-" Murphy shot at the far side of the wall, making Bellamy stiffen against Zona. "It's okay," she whispered and his eyes caught her as she tried to hop her way onto the stool.

"No! You want me to die Murphy, not her!" Bellamy pushed Zona to the side and released her from the ropes he had tied just minutes before. "Bellamy stop." Zona looked at Murphy who held an amused smirk on his face as he watched Bellamy stand on the stool. "Get over there, Zona." He pointed his gun at her and she slowly slid to the wall he had just shot at.

Murphy looked back at Bellamy and faced the gun back on him. "Put it over your head." Murphy's eyes glazed over with an expression Zona was terrified of. It was full of amusement and hatred. "This is insane," Bellamy called out, his mouth staying agape while he glanced at Zona.

"The grounder's could attack-" another shot was fired and it hit Zona straight in the arm. She clutched onto it as an unbearable pain she had never felt before took over her body. She gasped as she hit the floor, with blood pouring from the wound. "Put it over your head, or the next one goes into her skull."

Bellamy breathed in deeply as he watched Zona try to stop the bleeding with her small hand. He said nothing and did as he was told. A shaky breath escaping his lips as he stared terrified at Zona's bloody arm. It felt like everyday that they were together, she was the one always getting hurt.

"Happy now?" Bellamy shifted his gaze to Murphy who still had his gun aimed at Zona's feeble position. Murphy slightly pulled on the rope without a word and Bellamy instinctively clutched onto it.

"You're so brave aren't you?" Murphy practicially laughed as he twisted the rope around his hand. "You thought you would come in here and turn this whole thing around? That maybe grounder princess over there would help you?" Murphy smiled as he narrowed his eyes to Zona. "Well what are you thinking now Bellamy? Hmm?"

When Bellamy said nothing, Murphy slung the strap of his gun around his shoulder and used his other hand to also grip onto the rope, while he pulled it down slightly. Zona watched with teary eyes as Bellamy stood on his toes, gagging as the rope tightened on his neck.

Bellamy held his ground while glaring at Murphy.

-

"You know I got to hand it to you Bellamy, you got them all fulled. Even this one," Murphy walked around the small level to where Zona lay, turning pale from the amount of blood loss. Bellamy moved against the restraints when Murphy crouched down next to her, smiling wickidley. "What do you see in him, Zona? Is it only because he protects you from us? The people who don't like you?" Murphy stood up and walked around Bellamy, who tried desperately to balance the stool he was on.

"But we know the truth, don't we?" Murphy continued. "You're a coward! I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from underneath me."

Zona slowly stood up without notice, the blood still pouring from her arm. Bellamy stared straight ahead, a solemn expression casting his features. "But you were just giving the people what they wanted right?"

"I should have stopped them," Bellamy finally said, earning a low chuckle from Murphy. "Yeah, it's a little late for that now."

"Do you think they're just going to let you walk out of here when you're done?" Zona quietly leaned against the wall, tiredly trying to gain as much breath as possible.

"Well they think the princess is dead, and the king is going to die. So who is going to lead these people? Me, that's who. And yeah maybe I'll have to take care of grounder princess over there? If you know what I mean. Or maybe Raven, since she seemed to have a big interest in you while the grounder princess was gone." Murphy winked darcastically as Bellamy rose his foot and tried to get a swing at Murphy, but failed. Zona was too focused on staying up that she ignored his remark.

Murphy grabbed onto the rope and pulled it down even further when a sudden yell was heard under the floor. Murphy smirked and let go of the rope on Bellamy. "I bet that's her now?" Murphy charged towards Zona and started firing shots just at her feet to the floor. She flinched as she looked at Bellamy who yelled over the loud rounds.

When they both noticed Murphy run out of bullets, Bellamy tried to hurriedly loosen the rope around his neck until Murphy spun around and kicked the stool from underneath him. Zona took this chance to run at Murphy and pull him to the ground with her.

She got ontop of him and punched him right in the head before looking over at the gun, she was distracted while she tried to reach for it so Murphy quickly flipped them over and pinned her to the ground. "You should have stayed put grounder princess, and maybe you and I could have run these people together," Murphy spat. He looked back at Bellamy who was dangling from the rope and tugged on Zona's shirt, revealing various black tattoos, cuts, and bruises.

Zona tiredly fought against him until Murphy grabbed both of her wrists with one hand. "Not so fast," he said. He moved his big hands to her neck and applied pressure to her throat, making her grip onto his wrists to try to pry them off.

Suddenly the door opened and Murphy's whole confident ora completely vanished as he released his hands from Zona's neck and dragged her to the side before he climbed up the ladders.

"Raven you did it!" Jasper yelled and walked into the dropship with his gun pointed. As soon as he saw Bellamy hanging and Zona coughing violently, he ran to him and tried to relieve the pressure off his neck by lifting him up. "Hold on Bell!" Octavia yelled while she ran towards him and Jasper. Octavia took out her dagger and cut the ropes, releasing Bellamy.

"Bell breath!"

"Can you breath?"

Zona's head weakly shot up as she stared at Bellamy who was just as pale as she was. She tried to tiredly crawl over to him when she heard him gasping for air, but the blood loss was just too much at this point. She paid no attention to the pain as she clumsily stood up, her body shaking as she collapsed back on the ground next to Octavia. "Oh my god! Zona," Jasper went to her side as Octavia yelled for her.

Bellamy's eyes wandered to hers as she tried desperately to stay awake. "Murphy!" His voice boomed inside the dropship. "Murphy! It's over! Give up!" He called again and jumped onto the ladders, trying to open the latch.

Zona was exhausted but she wanted nothing more than to comfort Bellamy in his angry state. She lightly pushed Jasper off of her and ignored Octavia's calls for her to lay back down. She nearly tripped over her own feet trying to make her way to Bellamy until she tugged on his pant leg, grabbing his attention.

"Bellamy," she whispered. He looked down at her and jumped off the ladders in an instant before wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm so sorry, you should have never been in this mess," Bellamy practically cried into Zona's hair as she just stared up at him. "Bellamy, I-"

A loud explosion was heard throughout the whole ship, making Zona shut her mouth and everyone slightly jump at the impact.

-

a/n; WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE NEXT? 😏 ;)

- Emily ❤️