Chapter 6 | Dead Sky People

The fog had left, but the adrenaline coursed through Zona's bloodstream, keeping her awake. She knew Lady Anya was suspecting something when she had been gone for long, but played it off smoothly. All she wanted to do was go to the sky people and see if Bellamy was okay, see if he made it to camp safely, only because he was the leader of course.

Nothing could happen to the leader.

Nothing could happen to Bellamy.

Zona stood from her bed and put on her boots. She grabbed her dagger and stuffed it into her belt before leaving her hut. She didn't bother grabbing a sweater because she had a black long sleeve shirt that was pretty thick.

Her boots smashed against the dry mud as she tried desperately to be as quiet as possible. "Going somewhere?"

Her head whipped to her left where the voice had came from, and Zona was not at all surprised to see the one and only Lexa. She rolled her eyes at the girl before walking towards her, holding her head up with pride.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am going somewhere," Zona placed her hands on her hips, glaring at Lexa who gave a slight smirk. "You know, if anything were to happen to you, you wouldn't be Anya's second anymore," Lexa's smirk grew wide as she stared at the younger girl.

"Fuck off Lexa," with that Zona spun on her heel, walking towards her destination. Lexa was always jealous of Zona being the leader's second, especially because she was only one year younger than Lexa was. Lexa would do anything to be in Zona's place, even murder her if she had to. Which wasn't really anything new in their village. Anya even killed someone to get to where she is now, not very nice but you go to do whatever it takes to survive here.

-

The sun shun bright through the trees just as Zona walked into the gates of the camp. The crowd that just awoken stared wearily at her presence, but she said nothing as she continued towards the dropship, but stopped shortly after she saw Clarke crouched down on the ground.

She walked up behind her, a startled Clarke taking out her dagger and aiming it towards Zona. "Hey there," she rose her hands up as in surrender and smirked at her, amused by her first instinct to pull out a dagger on someone who walks up behind you. "Shouldn't be out here alone, what if I was, as you sky people call it, a grounder," Zona joked, sarcasm lacing her voice. Clarke smiled slightly, tucking the dagger back in her belt.

"Someone die?" Zona stepped next to Clarke as they looked over the burried body, Clarke instantly feeling saddened by the death of one of her best friends. "Wells," was all she said before Finn strode next to them, taking away Clarke's attention. Zona breifly remember Wells as the coloured man, she never actually spoke to him, but tried to save his life when really the other sky people were only taking a metal wristband off of him.

Zona walked on, in search of Bellamy. She just wanted to know if he and the girl got back safe. It was mostly Bellamy she wanted to know got back safe but would never admit that to anyone. She bumped into the girl, Charlotte, as she tied big logs of wood together. "Hey-"

A boy fell to his knees just a couple feet away from her, grunting as he tried desperately to clutch onto the log he was just carrying. Before Zona could go and help the poor boy, Murphy approached him, anger seeping through his booming voice. "Hey! You think the grounders are just going to sit around and wait for us to finish the wall, maybe we should let the grounder priness do the lifting for you," Murphy smirked at an umamised Zona who stepped forward glaring at Murphy.

"I just need some water okay? Then, I'll be fine." Zona understood the boy, he was probably working hard the whole morning, a water break couldn't harm anybody. "Muphy," Bellamy walked up behind him, surprising Zona because she hadn't saw him before. "Get this guy some water," Bellamy looked to Zona, nodding towards her before turning his attention to Charlotte.

"Hey you got this?" He asked her, chuckling when she went for it. Zona scoffed, she could have picked that up, it didn't even look very heavy. "What the hell!" Zona yelled when she saw Murphy urinating on the boy's back. It was very disrespectful. Zona was quick to tackle him to the ground throwing a good few punches to his face before she was held back by two boys she'd never saw before. "What the hell is wrong with you Murphy!" She spat, while he got up, brushed himself off and smirked at the smaller yet stronger girl.

"He wanted a water break," he laughed and the coloured boy only glared at him in disgust. "Get back to work!" Murphy yelled to the rest of the sky people, but the two boys still held onto Zona. "One day you will learn grounder princess," he teased before he turned his back on her. Zona was quick to elbow one of the boys in the face before pushing the other one away from her. Just as she was about to go after Murphy again, a large hand held onto her shoulder, spinning her around to face him. "Come on," Bellamy glared at Murphy from over her head before leading her towards a large tent. "You know I didn't know if you had made it back to your village or not," he spoke, his back turned to her. Before she could reply she saw the others were there in the middle of a discussion.

"This knife was made from the metal of the dropship," Clarke looked around at the rest of the group, before looking back at the dagger. Zona took note of the two fingers in the middle of the wooden table, but chose to avoid it as Jasper spoke up. "What do you mean?"

"Who else knows about this?"

"No one, we brought it straight here." Octavia looked at Bellamy as she spoke, before she took a glance towards Zona, something about her still made Octavia weary of her. "It means the grounders didn't kill Wells, it was one of us," Clarke answered a terrified looking Jasper who just realized the presence of a grounder who stood behind Bellamy, a quizzical look on his face. "What the hell is she doing here?"

He took a step back, Octavia placing a protective hand on his shoulder. "Grounder princess is with us," Bellamy said, grabbing ahold onto Zona and pushing her towards Jasper. "Her name's Zona, she made me almost kill you." Bellamy shrugged as if it were nothing, making Jasper sick to his stomach. "Well that's nice. So there's a murderer in this camp?" Jasper kept his eyes on Zona who stared at him with a bored expression.

"There's more than one murderer in this camp, this isn't news. You need to keep it quiet," Bellamy directed towards Clarke who looked completely lost in thought. She moved towards the flap of the tent, ready to leave when Bellamy blocked her path, crossing his arms over his chest. "Get out of my way Bellamy," Clarke was angry, that was very obvious.

"Don't be stupid about this, look at what we've achieved. The walls, the patrols, like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us," Bellamy glanced at Zona, as if to say no offense but in all honesty having her roam the camp scared the hell out of all of the sky people and Bellamy knew that. "Oh good for you, you mean. What? Keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" Clarke's eyebrows creased together as she glared at Bellamy. "That's it, it's good for all of us." Bellamy kept his eyes set on Zona as he continued. "Fear of the grounders and grounder princess is building that wall, and besides what are you going to do? Go outside and ask the killer to step forward?"

"That's what my people do, if you are brave enough to kill your own then you are brave enough to except the consequences," Zona stepped next to Bellamy as she spoke, only getting a glance from him. "Good thing we aren't your people," Octavia remarked, eyes shooting daggers at the back of Zona's head, much like Zona would like to literally throw a dagger at Octavia.

"I don't need to do that," Clarke moved the dagger around in her hands before showing Bellamy initials on it. "JM, John Murphy. The people have a right to know." With that, Clarke walked past Bellamy and out of the tent, a very eager Zona following her lead. She thought the sky people were very interesting, and knew that what would come next would be anything but that. It'd be much more interesting, much much more.

A/N: Hope you enjoy! ❤️ I know I didn't get 6 votes on the last chapter but the readings were doing so good I thought I'd update today! :)