Chapter 13 | Kill Him

Do you guys like my new cover? :)

-

When the sky people and Zona were back at the safety of their camp, the sky people stopped at the entrance to take a breath while Zona stood behind Bellamy, seeming unfazed by the long run. Blood still pouring from under her collarbone.

"Got something to say?" Bellamy glared at Finn. "Yeah I told you, no guns!" Finn yelled towards him and Clarke. "I told you we couldn't trust the grounders and I was right," Clarke retorted.

"And why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" A very furious Raven intervened, disliking how her boyfriend was excluding her from things. "I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun!" Finn yelled back, his eyebrows creasing.

"You're lucky she brought that!" Bellamy pointed towards Raven's gun before continuing, "They came there to kill Zona, Finn."

"You don't know that! Jasper fired the first shot!" Finn yelled frustratingly. "I do," Zona came out of Bellamy's shadow surprising everyone except Bellamy, they were too busy running to save their own lives they didn't even notice Zona had joined them. Jasper visibly took a step back at the sight of her. Bellamy quickly stepped by her side in a protective manner.

"You ruined everything," Octavia directed her bitter words to Jasper, her head shaking before she spun on her heels and went to her tent."I saved you!" Jasper yelled at Octavia's back, earning nothing but silence. "You're welcome," he scoffed.

"Well if we weren't at war already we sure as hell are now," Finn's voice lowered in anger as he directed his attention to Clarke. "You didn't have to trust the grounders, you just had to trust me," Finn remarked, making Clarke's face soften at his words. He stormed past her, with Raven hot on his heels. Clarke and Bellamy watched as they both disappeared into camp, Zona distracted by a light in the sky.

"Is that..." Suddenly a noise roared through the night sky, making Zona stop speaking and Bellamy and Clarke to look at the light she was distracted by. "The exodus ship?" Bellamy questioned.

"There are more of you coming down?" Zona asked, her eyes not leaving the gleam of light in the sky. "Wait, too fast... No parachute? Something's wrong." Clarke's eyes widened at the sudden realization as did Bellamy's while Zona stared confusingly at her. Suddenly the exodus ship started speeding up, catching fire before it hit land, a huge explosion filling the night.

Clarke suddenly fell to her knees, Zona being quick to catch her before she fell too hard, sobs left Clarke's lips and Zona was not sure what to do. She's never actually witnessed anyone cry before especially because her people were stronger than that. Crying to her was a sign of weakness, and she didn't really understand why Clarke was hysterically crying in her arms right now.

-

The next morning Zona woke up in the dropship with bandages on her shoulder and collarbone. She took them off and burly noticed the small scars from the arrows and the dry blood that covered her skin.

Now, most of the sky people and her were at what they called the exodus ship. Bellamy had told her that it was more of their people, and that Clarke's mom was supposed to be in it. They were looking for any sign of survival, but Zona didn't have to go to know that their wouldn't be any.

Bellamy held on tightly to his gun while staying behind Zona, glancing towards her as they walked on a narrow path between the wreckage of the ship. It was all still very new to Zona, she only heard of this stuff when she was told of the mountain men, but other than that she didn't know if it were even true. Spaceships and people actually living in space.