Chapter 20 | Escape

Bellamy carelessly ordered people around the camp, his mind elsewhere. If Zona was taken then she must be dead, he knew what they did to traitors. He just couldn't believe he would let her just leave like that, he should have taken her with him, and she would have been safe by his side.

"I know you're worried about Zona, Lincoln told me what they would do once they caught her," Octavia said while catching up to Bellamy's fast pace around the camp. "Bellamy talk to me," She huffed when he wouldn't say anything.

"If I can't keep her safe against them then who will?! I swear I will blow all those grounders up if I find out they laid a fucking hand on her. Zona is- she's mine goddammit and they can't just take her!" Bellamy stopped walking and yelled into Octavia's face, catching multiple people's attention. "I could have kept her safe if she wasn't so damn stubborn," he growled.

Octavia rubbed his back in a soothing manner in an attempt to calm her brother down. "Hey Bell, it's okay, I'm sure wherever she is, she's okay." Octavia spoke in a soft tone.

"I hope you're right."

-

"Is the girl dead?" Anya asked the warrior who stepped next to her and only nodded in her direction. "Good, now kill her and catch up," Anya demanded before getting onto her horse and going into the direction of the signal fire.

"Zona," Clarke whispered to herself and silently cried while the warrior walked closer to where she sat. She tried to run away but was hauled back by the chain that was connected to her wrists.

-

Miles kept on groaning from where he lay, distracting Bellamy from the plan he was trying to think of. He swallowed his tears as Jasper walked into the dropship.

He glared at Bellamy with sad eyes as he walked further into the ship. "Don't you think I want to go after them too?" Bellamy spoke up, tired of Jaspers glares.

"If it was you out there... do you think Monty, Clarke, Finn and even Zona would hide behind these walls," Jasper countered.

"No," Bellamy shook his head. "They'd go after me, then they would be dead too. I am doing what I think is right for the group."

"Funny you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing," Jasper spat and put down his gun. "Where are you going?" Bellamy asked.

"More powder for your mind field... sir," Jasper mocked before climbing up the ladder of the dropship.

"Water," Miles groaned, making Bellamy turn in his direction.

"I'll get you some," he said. Bellamy left the dropship to retrieve a cup of water and moments later Murphy came in after him.

"Water," Miles moaned once again. Murphy looked at his pale face and slowly lifted up a plastic bag he held and pushed it onto Miles head.

"This is for tying me, with the rope they hung me with." Murphy tightened his grip on the bag as Miles tried to fight against it, but he slowly suffocated to death. "Say hi to Connor for me."

-
"I thought you would become a leader Zona, but you're just a filthy traitor," Migro spat in Zona's face as he held her down. "You used to be so strong."

Zona groaned as a blade was sunk into the skin of her leg. "You do not get to die so easily Arizona," Migro used her full name before cutting deeper into her leg. Zona yelped out in pain before her hand collided into Migro's face. A proper punch making Migro fall back.

Zona hauled herself up and grabbed onto the dagger Bellamy gave her and she ran on top of Migro quickly. Her eyes darter from his blade that laid on the ground to hers before she rose the dagger and plunged it staight into his chest. "Incoplê cèu."

Zona stood up again as blood poured from the man's chest. She pushed his body into the fire, his cries filling the night air. "That was for my sister," Zona spoke in the grounder language before running in the direction of the camp.

Her dagger, held tightly in her sweaty palm.

-

"Grounder!" Someone cried and a bullet whizzed past Zona's head as she ran for the entrance. "It's Zona! Hold your fire!" The same person yelled and the gates were opened for her.

She tiredly ran into the camp, all eyes on her. She looked around for Bellamy when strong arms engulfed her into a tight hug. "You're alive," he breathed out as he held her tightly. "I'm alive," she repeated.

Bellamy looked down at the blood that was smeared all over her, an angry expression casting over his face. "What did they do to you?" He questioned as he took her by the arm and led her into their tent, the sky people going back to work instantly.

"Nothing I couldn't handle," Zona replied and slammed her bloody dagger down on the table. A single tear slipped out of her left eye as she looked up at Bellamy. "I killed the man who murdered my sister," Zona cried. "He got what he deserved."

Bellamy watched her with curious eyes and handed her a pile of clothing. "Um, uh I got these from Octavia, I thought you'd want them. You can tell me about your sister later." Zona wiped her tears away and took off her own clothes nonchantaly, not caring that Bellamy hadn't seen her bare yet. He watched as she took off her fur coat, followed by her long sleeve shirt.

She proceeded to take off her fur boots, then pants. Leaving her in a pair of undergarments. She looked to Bellamy who stared at the new cuts on her legs, and bruises all over her body, but said nothing.

Zona put on the black jeans, and gray shirt she was given with a black jacket similar to the one's all the sky people wore, she even wore the same leather boots they all did. She left her hair in the usual braid around her head, with her long hair falling to the side (like the pic above). "I'm going to go get some of those wild onions from the dropship, I'm starving," Zona smiled at Bellamy who nodded and let her out of the tent with a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be in there in a bit," Bellamy told her before going to where the water was held at and bringing out his walkie.

Zona walked into the ship, her eyes fixating from where Murphy held a gun, to Jasper raising his hands.

"You know what will happen to me if you told Bellamy," Murphy spat, his eyes widening when he saw Zona.

She walked forward and stopped when the gun was pointed at her. "Tell Bellamy what," Zona looked around the room, confused as to where Bellamy's voice was coming from.

"Give me the radio Jasper," Murphy's voice lowered in anger. Jasper looked behind him, eyes signaling something to Zona that she quickly understood.

Jasper rose his radio slowly before pressing it against his lips, "Murphy's got a gun and he killed Miles-"

Murphy threw the end of the gun against Jasper's face, Zona was quick on her feet to try to grab on to the gun, but Murphy pulled it away from her grasp, pointing it at her again.

"Murphy, the hell are you doing," Bellamy spoke through the walkie as he looked at the dropship from where he stood with the water.

Zona rose her hands up, eyes meeting Murphy's as he slowly walked next to the entrance of the dropship, before he punched a button and the huge door closed heavily. Shit.

-

a/n; HOPE IT WAS LONG ENOUGH!

- Emily ❤️