Chapter 5 | Protecting Bellamy

"Enough," her voice boomed from the third level of the dropship. Zona pushed past Clarke and got ahold of the dagger Bellamy was currently holding against Japer's neck.

"What?" Bellamy rose to his feet, wearing the same confused expression as Clarke was. "I was just testing you, I know now that you are willing to kill whomever to prove yourselve, brave Bellamy," Zona smiled towards him and he scoffed angrily before a brunette came up the ladders, her eyes shifting to the grounder then over to Bellamy who was watching Zona as she approached Octavia, stuffing the dagger into her pocket.

"Who are you?" She asked, rather rudely.

"This is Octavia, my sister," Bellamy answered for her, his eyes still fixed on Zona. He couldn't quite figure the girl out. First, she asked him to kill Jasper, one of their own, and then proceeded to tell him to stop. All for a way to prove himself to her! He didn't have to do that! He didn't have to prove himself to anybody. Especially Zona.

"Octavia, I am Zona. I am helping you're people because you are weak," no remorse was in her voice as she stared at the brunette girl who smirked slightly at her introduction. "So I've heard."

Bellamy ignored the girls while making his way down the ladder, he had his mind on hunting and was not going to get distracted by this grounder who thought she was better than everyone at this camp, especially him.

"Bellamy!" Zona yelled after him as she jogged to catch up to his quick steps, Bellamy continued walking not wanting to stop as he made his way over to Atom.

"I thought it was Leader Bellamy," he remarked, his tone playful but his eyes were cold as he glanced towards the girl who gave a light shrug.

"Atom, get everyone together. We leave to hunt in ten," Bellamy ordered and the boy nodded before heading off in a different direction.

"Wait! You are leaving these grounds?" Zona questioned as she trailed behind an annoyed looking Bellamy. "Yes, we need food," he answered, his voice hollow with boredom. "I will come too," Zona said.

"No-"

"You are their leader, and I will do everything in my power to protect you from my people," before Bellamy could protest any further Zona had spun on her heels and made the short exit out of the camp, waiting for the sky people to join her. How was a small girl like her supposed to protect Bellamy? He could handle a grounder or two. Hell, he could handle all of them at once, he didn't need a damn female to protect him from anything! After realizing he had been staring at the back of Zona's head Bellamy walked towards his tent to grab the weapons he needed. This was going to be one hell of a day.

-

"So why exactly did you people come?" Zona had been getting on Bellamy's last nerve for the past hour as they walked in the woods, asking every question that came to mind and saying every remark she thought of. Bellamy now knew why she would go behind her peoples' back to help them, they probably didn't want her, she was the most annoying female on Earth, literally.

"Our chancellor sent us down here to kill us," his voice was dry as a rustling sound came from the bushes making everyone stop walking except Zona, who continued to speak. "Chancellor? Is he your leader in the sky?"

Bellamy tugged Zona's arm making her stumble into his chest. "Did you hear that?" Atom asked the group, only earning glares from them. Of course they heard that. Everybody who's in shouting distance can hear the rustling of the bushes. Before anyone could respond to Atom's obvious question a blade was thrown, it flew inches from Zona's face before landing perfectly in a tree. Right next to where a girl stood. Her hands visibly shaking at the sudden attack Bellamy planned on her.

"Who the hell are you?" Bellamy demanded, walking towards the frightened girl. "Charlotte," Bellamy pulled the hatchet out of the tree before speaking again. "I almost killed you," he looked towards Zona who was unfazed by what just happened as she played with a small dagger in her hand.

"Why aren't you back at camp," Bellamy diverted his gaze back on Charlotte who looked down at her feet, embarrassed that she had followed the group for the past hour. "Well with that guy who's dying, I couldn't listen anymore-"

"There's grounders out here, it's too dangerous for a little girl," Atom shook his head at Charlotte who looked slightly angry at his comment. "She's not little," Zona spoke up from behind the two guys as they turned to face her. "I started training even before I was her age, she's not little," she repeated, sending a glare towards Atom.

"Okay then, but you can't hunt without a weapon," Bellamy smirked before handing the girl a small dagger, similar to the one Zona was holding in her left hand. "Ever killed someone before?" Bellamy continued, Charlotte shook her head, Zona staring with a confused expression on her face. "Really?" She stepped forward. Bellamy turned to her as Zona pulled down a strap of the long sleeved shirt she was wearing. There were eleven burn marks above her right collar bone, indicating the amount of people she's killed. She definitely wasn't ashamed of it. Bellamy noted the tattoo seeping through her shirt reaching almost to the middle of her breasts. They continued walking throughout the woods, the rest of the group joining them.

"Eleven kills huh?" Bellamy smirked towards Zona who simply shrugged, as if it were nothing. "I can do better," Zona replied nonchantaly, her voice thick with confidence. She knew she was Anya's second for a reason and it sure as hell had nothing to do with the way she worked a dagger. It had to do with how many men she's killed in her first year of training. Five to be exact, five reapers dead, each one having the same dagger plunged into their chest, killing them instantly.

Bellamy gave her a smug look, but Zona quickly came to a hault when she heard the familiar horn. The fog started seeping through the trees and the rest of the group became aware of it quickly.

"Run!" One of them yelled, so they ran as fast as they could in the opposite direction of the fog. The instinct to protect Bellamy was high for Zona, so she grabbed onto his upperarm dragging him along with her. "Come on, there are caves this way!" She called back her eyes darted towards Charlotte who quickly cluthed onto Bellamy for support.

She whipped her head back one last time and saw Atom get caught in the fog. It was too late for her to go back and save him so she kicked her feet hard on the ground before she saw the familiar trees that held small caves in them, much like her own home. She shoved Bellamy and Charlotte in the cave before turning on her heels, ready to sprint towards her village when a firm grip clasped around her right wrist.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Bellamy's voice was full of adrenaline, probably from running so long away from the fog. "To my village, if I do not get back by the time the fog reaches there my people will assume I'm dead," Zona ripped her arm away from Bellamy and ran as fast as she could towards the safety of her village, disappearing as the fog started closing around Bellamy. He went inside where Charlotte was and decided there was nothing he could do to help Zona.

He just hoped she made it back before the fog caught her. A strange feeling bubbled inside him, he was actually worried for someone else's life that wasn't Octavia's.

A/N: So you might have guessed from the cover photo that the person I picture Zona to be is Ariana Grande, just imagine her with longer hair and a lot more muscular 😂😂 :) ❤️ & I'm also trying to write in a third person's POV just to see how I like it. 6 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!