CHAPTER 18 | Good As Dead

I KNOW I CHANGE MY COVER A LOT BUT NO ONE TELLS ME IF THEY LIKE IT SO I CHANGE IT LMAO SORRY!

-

"One of those panther things?" The boy that Zona still hadn't cared to learn the name of said. He had been talking non-stop their entire walk in the woods and no one paid any attention to him.

"No, worse." Finn said as he led the way while he tracked the ground for footprints. Zona and Clarke followed his lead as the boy stayed behind.

"I can eat a whole boar by myself, no joke," the boy said nervously as Finn crouched down to examine the tracks. "You know what the best part is? It's gona sound gross-"

Clarke rose her hand to him to quiet him down slightly. "Miles be quiet for a second." So that was his name. "What is it?" Clarke asked Finn as she crouched next to him on the ground. "These tracks."

"They're perfect," Clarke finished Finn's sentence as they both looked up at Zona. "Too perfect," Finn whispered. "We're the ones being hunted," Zona exclaimed as her grip tightened around her spear.

"I don't see anything," Miles told the group as he looked into the lens of his gun. Zona stood in front of Miles and looked at where he was looking. Suddenly an arrow came swirling down from a tree and Zona quickly dove to the ground to dodge it, only to make it hit Miles in the leg.

Zona looked up at him as he fell to the ground and another arrow went straight to his chest. "Miles!" Clarke cried as she shuffled over to his fallen body. Finn helped Zona up as they both looked around for any signs of the grounders. "Clarke come on! We have to leave him!" Zona clutched onto Clarke's arm and hauled her up so they could run along with Finn.

Suddenly a grounder came out of the shadows and hit Clarke in the head, making her fall to the ground instantly. "Clarke," Finn hit the ground just as hard after another grounder hit him over the head harshly.

The last thing Zona remembers is a blurry image of Anya standing over her before she landed onto the ground between Finn and Clarke.

-

Clarke and Finn walked next to each other as the grounder hauled them by a chain on their wrists. Both of them looking around quizically for Zona, but she wasn't with them. The grounder sat them down angrily before leaving the small room.

"Where the hell is Zona?" Clarke looked over to Finn who was rambeling on about how they could go back to camp. "I don't think that matters Finn, they didn't blind fold us because they don't care what we saw. They're probably going to kill us." Clarke stated nervously.

Two grounders came in and forced Clarke and Finn to stand again as they led them to a room where Anya entered after them.

Anya pulled out her spear and grabbed onto Clarke's wrists, Finn had to be held back by one of the grounders, thinking she was going to hurt Clarke. Anya cut off the ropes from Clarke before doing the same to Finn.

"What do you want from us?" Clarke whispered as she eyed Anya wearily. One of the guards opened a curtain to reveal a young girl who was groaning in pain. "Help her," Anya said calmly. "If she dies," Anya pointed her spear to the entrance of the small room they were in as a guard came in with a still unconcious Zona in his arms. "She dies," the grounder dropped Zona carelessy.

Finn looked at Clarke as a worried expression washed over both their faces.

-

"Her name is Tris."

"I can't do this," Clarke breathed out deeply as she looked to Anya. "I don't have any equipment."

Anya nodded to one of the guards who left the room in a hurry. "We'll provide you with what we can."

"Why do you think I can save her," Clarke shook her head at the grounder who narrowed her eyes at Clarke. "Lincoln told her," Finn said.

"Yes, our healer is gone. There is nothing we can do for her. For Zona's sake, I hope you can." With that, Anya spun around and left the room with a guard.

"Clarke you can do this," Finn nodded encouragingly. "Wait!" Clarke called to Anya who faced her slowly. "What happened to her?"

"She was on the bridge when your bomb exploded. We saw Zona do it with when of your pathetic weapons. Not only is she a traitor, but she decides to fight with you? I will let her live, but I will not let her join you again." Anya left the room without another word while Clarke and Finn looked at Zona who stirred in her 'sleep'.

-

"Found some good intena wire for the radios. Did you find anything else from the exodus ship wreckage?" Raven asked Monty as she looked around his work desk. "Yeah, got a log. Want to hear something weird?"

Raven moved closer to the radio as Monty played with the knobs a bit before static came through the speakers with muffled voices. "Sounds like inerference," Raven shrugged.

"Wait," Monty moved the knob a little more. "It gets weirder, the signal went when the ship crashed, they never got it back and then boom. It was like something was jamming the signal."

"That is weird. It also makes no sense whatsoever," Raven sassed. "Now pull the drives and speakers."

"You want to strip it?" Monty stared at her confusingly. "We'll never find out why they crashed-"

"We need every component we can get our hands on if we're going to make walkies," Raven said as she messed around with some wires. "...and I need the radio," she walked towards the radio that connected them to the arc before Monty stood up and stood in front of her. "No way! How are we supposed to contact the arc?"

Raven turned on the radio as static filled the air and she looked knowingly at Monty. "The arc's not there. You're listening to a whole in the sky." Raven ripped out several cables from the radio as Monty watched with sad eyes.

Raven walked out of the ship as she heard a commotion outside. "The hunters are back? Is Finn with them?" Raven asked Murphy who was packing some fish onto a table. "I don't think so. Hey relax, I'm sure Clarke's keeping him out of trouble."

Raven stopped walking at Murphy's words and looked towards Bellamy who was giving orders to someone before running into his tent and waiting for him.

"What are you doing in here?" Bellamy asked her as soon as he was inside the tent. "They don't waste time we'll give them that," Raven huffed. "What's it been ten and a half?"

"Your mistaking me for someone who cares," Bellamy spat.

"You care, about Zona that is. I'm sure she had no problem joining Finn and Clarke-"

"Time to move on Raven," Bellamy said and once again, ignored Raven's little remarks. She was just jealous.

Bellamy took off his jacket and looked at Raven with question in his eyes as she sat on his bed and proceeded to take off her shoes. "What are you doing?"

"Moving on," she said simply and took off her jacket. Bellamy eyed her body as she stripped down her pants and moved her hair out of her ponytail. "I'm sure grounder princess won't mind," Raven said sarcastically as she inched closer to Bellamy.

"I thought you and Zona were friends?" Bellamy retorted and stepped away from the girl. "We are, she's just doing me a favor. I'm sure she'll understand."

Bellamy rolled his eyes before pushing Raven away from him. "Get out," he remarked. "What-"

"You heard me. Out, now."

Raven frustratingly clutched onto all of her clothes and left the tent in an angry manner. Bellamy sat down on his bed and let out a loud sigh. He knew that he would never look at Raven the way he looks at Zona.

-

a/n; YAY ANOTHER CHAPTER WOO! DO YOU GUYS LIKE IT SO FAR? ❤️

- Emily