Michael - You're Both Homesick

Author: Julie

-

Late night Skype calls and texts were the only way you could communicate with Michael, and while they sufficed for some time, they didn’t fill the hole in your heart that increased every time you ended a phone call or went to bed just as he was waking up. Nothing could help you because the only thing you needed was Michael himself.

You were overjoyed when you managed to join Michael for a part of his tour in America. You’d surprised him by showing up as soon as he landed in New York, and promised to stay with him for the remainder of the tour, which would be about four months.

Needless to say, the first few weeks were the happiest you’d been since he left for tour. You got to travel around in a foreign country with your boyfriend, though just being with Michael was enough to bring a smile to your face again.

However, as time passed, you started to miss your family at home. You knew that Michael felt the same way, as he always ended phone calls with his family with an ‘I love you’, and while he had a smile on, you knew it wasn’t genuine.

After discussing it enough, the two of you decided that on another of Michael’s free days off, the two of you would go back to Sydney to visit your families. It’d give you both a chance to meet each other’s parents as well, which you were looking forward to. Of course, you were a bit nervous to meet Michael’s parents, but you were glad that your family would meet the man who has changed your life so much.

-

The two of you were insanely jetlagged, but that didn’t matter when you got to see the look of pure surprise on your mother’s face when she answered the door and you were standing with the boyfriend she had yet to meet.

The rest of your family were overjoyed to meet the man they’d heard so much about – both from you and from the media. Michael was nice and smiled to everybody who introduced themselves to him, and by the time it was time for you two to leave, nobody wanted you two to go. You practically had to pry Michael away.

Your mother told you to always call or send her a text message to let her know how you’re doing when you’re overseas, and after a tear-filled hug and goodbye, you and Michael set out to go visit his family before you would have to go back for his tour.

Going to visit your family and getting to visit Michael’s was something the two of you definitely needed, and you could tell that Michael was already in a better mood with how often he smiled when the two of you got back. Leaving them was hard to do, but you were thankful for the chance to visit the people who had shaped you and Michael’s lives. 

-