Calum - Christmas

Author: Rhine

-

"Have you been naughty or nice this year?"

Suggestive waggles of eyebrows and slow pats to his thigh when he tells you to sit on his lap; be a good girl and tell me what you want this Christmas and what do bad girls like you deserve this Christmas; innuendos on his pink smirk and less than nice thoughts reflecting in his eyes with how they sparkle at you like the ornaments on the towering Christmas tree.

And wherever Calum goes, it's a party.

Whether it's the VIP party downtown with the flashing lights in the club and elves that Santa definitely would not approve of dancing on the tables or the small, friendly get-together at a close friend's house – Calum is the one who lights up the room with his contagious smile, rosy cheeks setting the colour of the night from the faint scent of eggnog and rum that follows him.

Christmas is for celebrating, he reckons, and it's not a celebration without a couple of drinks and more than PG kisses underneath the mistletoe he somehow always manages to catch you under.

Looks like you'll have to kiss me now, babe.

Hands on your hip and peppermint candy cane lips; he is that whirlwind of excitement of waking up on Christmas day that you used to have as a little kid – though you wake up under slightly different circumstances now, but satisfied with all that you've received all the same.

He always pulls you closer and you'd be a fool to pull away; deepening kisses without a care who sees – it is Christmas, and the two of you take turns giving gifts to one another to show your love.

"Making a list of what you want for Christmas?"

His lips are gingerbread and frosting now, sugary sweetness that you know will rot your teeth in the morning – you've forgotten whose party you're at, but so long as you're with Calum for Christmas, you could care less.

He's smirking at you, waiting for an answer with a gleam in his eyes that's been a permanent fixture all holiday long.

"Am I on it?" Calum asks teasingly, biting his lip in mock worry, his hands already snaking around your waist to pull you closer.

"Some new shoes, a bit of makeup, that dress I've been eying – and my boyfriend all tied up underneath the Christmas tree."

"I'll be tied up, depending on whether or not you've been naughty or nice."

There's a rough bass to his voice that's lowered only for you to hear, his grin growing wider in confidence with the alcohol flowing through his veins.

"And which list is better, dear Calum?"

"Oh, we've got time for both tonight." He winks at you cheekily. "Old Saint Nick can wait on the presents until we're finished."

You roll your eyes but you love it anyways; he's a little tipsy and drunk off the holiday spirit and the spiked eggnog you suspect he's been bringing in a bottle to every party – but it's his night off to celebrate and there's no other way he'd like to spend the holidays than to live it in a whirlwind of snow and flashing lights with you.

You know the night's just begun and the fun – and your gift – has yet to come, but there's no doubt that nobody else can compete with what Calum gives you on this starry Christmas night.

Pure happiness.

-