Calum - You're a Youtuber Part 2

Author: Rhine

-

"Cal, what are you doing?"

You pinch your eyebrows at the boy behind the large lens of your camera, trying to grab it out of your hands, reaching for it in futile as he looms over you.

"Remembering this moment."

He puts the camera down for a moment, revealing his large grin and messy hair.

"There's going to be many more of these moments to come, Cal."

The words are out of your mouth before you have the chance to catch them, a faint rush of warmth in your cheeks at the indication of more with Calum – the more that you've always wanted with him, the more that you're hoping he wants with you.

His grin stretches wider, if possible – he loves these little slipups, these little hints to show that he wasn't the only one who was dreaming of this very moment where it was you and him and a future as something more than casual friends.

"I'm savouring what I can before Ashton completely slaughters me when I get back. So please, allow me to film my last memoir before I'm declared missing."

You scoff a little, rolling your eyes at Calum's over-dramatization.

He was calm for the most part throughout the date – or at least, calm for someone who got terribly lost in the city and ended up having to camp out at a pizza parlour for the first date with the girl of his dreams – but now that the night was ending, the nerves of returning to an angry brother was more than the nerves he had for asking you out.

Needless to say, he was dreading this last walk of the night that he'd have with you – sending you back to your hotel – before returning to his own.

"Ash isn't going to kill you, Cal – "

"Did you see the way that boy was glaring at me? He looked like he was going to butcher me with a spork then use my skin to make a new set of drums to eternally beat. Melodically, but still beat the shit out of me – does it look like my face can handle a beating?"

He pouts and you laugh, instinctively covering the camera as you do, hiding your open-mouthed chuckles and squinted eyes.

"I won't let Ash touch you."

"Good, because that would be kind of weird, if I had you and Ash touching me – "

"Calum!"

The screen of the camera goes shaky as he tries to dodge your playful smacks.

"You hit hard – did you gain some muscle since I last saw you?" He whines a little, rubbing his sore arms.

You stick your tongue out at him, though you can't stop the smile that was ever-present on your lips.

"What do you expect from Ashton's little sister?"

"True. But just so you know, I'd prefer a beating from you any day."

He winks cheekily at you and it's the Calum that you knew, that you missed, that you loved – and all of the stony silence and awkward tension from just hours before is gone, the memory already erased.

You remembered his bashful offer for dinner with the red on his cheeks and the sweat still clinging onto his skin, adrenaline from the stage still buzzing in his eyes mixed from the nerves of asking you out at last.

And this – you remembered, but you wish you filmed it all the same – walking up to the rest of the band who was still chattering away with Dan and Phil, your fingers laced with Calum's as you dragged him towards the group –