Chapter 34

Shiki charged at Tsukasa with immense speed. Seeing this, Tsukasa dodged to the left but saw that his left cheek was scratched. Shiki then kicked Tsukasa's back, sending the apparition flying into a wall.

As Tsukasa looked forward, he saw Shiki lunge at him as he thrusts his knife forward. Seeing this, Tsukasa stepped to the side and grabbed Shiki's arm. Soon he slams the boy onto the ground, a small crater forming from the impact.

Shiki soon punched Tsukasa in his gut. Afterwards, he kicked the apparition away from him. Shiki starts to run towards Tsukasa. As he got closer, he ran faster and faster. Just as Tsukasa looked up, Shiki kicks him into the air as hard as he could.

Soon Shiki used the wall of the school building as a springboard and slashed Tsukasa across his chest. As Shiki was landing, he spun his body so his feet landed first as he was on the school gate. He leaped from the school gate and slashed at Tsukasa again. The wall, the school gate, the trees, and even the ground. Shiki was jumping from place to place at high speed as he kept slashing at Tsukasa.

"Now......sink into a pool of blood."

With one last swing from his knife, Shiki slashed Tsukasa's back

With one last swing from his knife, Shiki slashed Tsukasa's back. But he didn't cut any of his lines of death. The reason behind this was simple
If Tsukasa didn't show mercy towards Mitsuba then why should he show any mercy towards Tsukasa. He won't let him get away with what he did so easily.

As Shiki walks towards Tsukasa, he hears the boy laughing. When Shiki saw his face, he noticed that the boy was smiling. Tsukasa stood up as he smiles at Shiki.

"So this is what happens when your Nanaya instincts kick in. Amazing, so how does it feel to be yourself. Not holding yourself back seems fun, doesn't it."

"You're wrong, how can any normal person enjoy this. Having a compulsive need to kill something, to only feel alive when your life is at risk."

"Really? You aren't enjoying yourself? Then tell me Shiki, why are you smiling?"

Shiki didn't want to listen to him, but he puts one hand close to his own face. As he did, he felt it. Shiki felt himself smiling and he hated it. He hated how the only time he feels alive is when his life or others are at risk. Soon Tsukasa grabs Shiki's arm and threw him at a wall.

"But wow, you're amazing Megane-kun. I mean, you could kill everyone around you so easily yet you show restraint. But you only feel alive when you take a life or if your own is at risk. Then tell me, if you wanted to enjoy life then wouldn't showing your true nature and not restrain yourself be more fun."

"Hehe. Hahahahahaha! Looks like i was wrong about you. You aren't just a brat after all."

As Shiki walked towards Tsukasa, the apparition thought that he finally got through to Shiki. However he was surprised when Shiki suddenly dashed forward and slashed his chest.

"No, you're more than just a brat. You're bat shit insane!!!!!!"

Shiki kicks Tsukasa away from him. Soon he lunged forth and slams his fist into Tsukasa's stomach. As the ghost gasped for air, Shiki stabs his knife into Tsukasa's hand.

"Though i guess you and i have one thing in common. People that try to hide their true selves even though I can see them clearly are irritating. But you have no right to draw out their true nature. People show their true nature on their own terms and can change on their own terms. All you're doing is just treating me like a damn toy or a puppet. There's an old saying for bastards like you. Karma's a bitch."

As Shiki was removed his knife and was ready to slash the lines of death on Tsukasa, the ghost suddenly smiled.

"It would be ashame if something happened to that girl you're fond of. What was her name....oh yeah! It was Sakura, right?"

Shiki suddenly stopped his knife. He heard nothing but static as the same memory that haunts him played in his head. As Shiki was distracted, Tsukasa punched Shiki in the gut and sent him flying.

"Well i think i had enough fun. Now that i know who you're attached to, i guess i can make her my hostage or something. Bye bye, Shiki."

As Tsukasa finished speaking, he suddenly disappeared. Shiki was alone on the ground as he began to cough up blood.

"That bastard really hits hard. Though.......why do i always react when that Sakura girl is involved? I can't keep going on like this."

Soon Shiki stood up as he walks away from the school. As he did, he was thinking about what to do next. To be honest, he wished he could have a break for once.

"Just my damn luck."

~Meanwhile~
Inside of the school, Tsuchigomori is seen by himself as he looks out the window. As he stared at the moon, he heard the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer to his location.

As Tsuchigomori looks to see who it was, he sighed as he saw who it was. As the person stepped out of the shadows, the fifth of the seven mysteries spoke up.

"To think you of all people would come to me for help. So what is it that you want with me, Teru Minamoto."

Teru looked at the apparition in front of him. He knew about the rumor of the 4pm Book-stacks. Knowing this, he decided to ask Tsuchigomori something.

"I need to know. Considering your rumor, you could read what happens to one's future in this academy. So then, i'd like you to tell me about Shiki's future."

Tsuchigomori was surprised by this. He was sure Teru just wanted to threaten him, yet he was asking him for a favor. The apparition starts scratching the back of his head as he looks at Teru.

"I did read Shiki's future, however i'm not sure you'll like it."

Teru looked down for a moment. While his job was to exorcise the supernatural, here he was asking for help from one. However, if throwing away his pride would help him save his friend then so be it. Soon he nods his head as Tsuchigomori told him about Shiki's future.

"Shiki will die because of one person......a woman named Arcueid."