Chapter 12

Nero stood in shock. Normally his body would regenerate after taking such damage, yet that wasn't happening. As he looks at Shiki, he began frowning.

"Fall back?! Me, retreating from a human!!!!"

Suddenly Nero began laughing. Him, retreating from a mere human. He won't allow it, he can't allow it!

"To think i must focus my energy into just one body! Boy, i will kill you!!! I will eat you!!!! I'll make sure there isn't a single trace of you left!!!!!!"

Nero condenses all his beasts into one lifeform. His body began to grow as the pitch black chaos that made up his body started to turn gray. As his body was morphing he had only one goal. To kill the human known as Shiki.

Nero soon charged at Shiki with immense amounts of speed

Nero soon charged at Shiki with immense amounts of speed. However, Shiki suddenly used the school gate to jump high in the air. While Nero had immense speed and power in this form, Shiki knew controlling it would be difficult. He could tell since Nero couldn't stop his body and charged right into a tree.

Soon the man picks up the tree and threw it at Shiki. However, Shiki cuts apart the tree swiftly with his knife and used the sliced pieces as platforms while he charged forward towards Nero.

"There is only one thing i'm good at. So i'll focus on that one thing and hone it to perfection."

As Shiki was thinking to himself, Nero extended his arm as various beasts emerge from it. They have all their fangs out ready to rip him to pieces. Shiki spun his body as he cuts the lines of death he saw on the beasts bodies as they were being dismembered.

"I'm the best at this one thing! When it comes down to it, no one can do it better."

As Shiki lands on the ground, he saw Nero charging at him. As Nero charges forward at the boy, he reaches out as he was ready to stab his claws into the boy.

"I am Nero! I am chaos!!!! I overcame death long ago! So then....what the hell are you, boy!!!!!"

As soon as he said that, Shiki started to charge towards Nero. They both were planning to kill one another with this next attack. As Nero's eyes were filled with rage, Shiki's held no type of emotions inside. All Shiki had was something inside of him, telling him to kill Nero at any cost.

"That's right. The only thing i'm good at........."

As Shiki and Nero collided, dust fills the air. The only thing that was present at the moment, was a cold silence. Soon the wind starts to move as the dust is now settling. As it did, the result of the battle was revealed.

As Nero stabbed Shiki in his gut, he smiled. He was confident he won, yet he still felt it. He still felt a chill throughout his being. The instincts of the beasts inside him are telling him to run. As he looked down, he saw Shiki stabbed his knife into his chest.

To Nero, it looked like a simple stab. But as Shiki looked at the man, he saw that he stabbed a point where all the lines of death originated from, a point of death. As he did this, he silently finished his thought.

"The only thing i'm good at is murder. It doesn't matter how many hundreds of lives you have within you. What i'm killing isn't your "chaos". What i'm killing is the existence of Nero Chaos himself. I will wipe you out from existence."

As Shiki looked at Nero, he soon saw the creature's body being dismembered all over. The lines of death broke apart after Shiki stabbed the point from which they originate from. This resulted in the "death" of Nero Chaos' existence. As Nero's body was fading away into ash, he thought to himself as he looked at Shiki.

"So you're........my death. Those eyes of yours.....they hold both beauty and a cold ruthlessness behind them. They are truly the eyes of death."

Having said that, his remains were no where to be seen. The existence of Nero Chaos was no more. As Shiki falls on his back, he puts on his Mystic Eye Killers and the lines of death were now gone from his sight.

"I did it Teru, i won."

As he said this, he began to realize something. Whenever he was around supernaturals, he had this strange urge to kill them. So much so, that it scared him. As he looks towards the sky, he saw the moon shining brightly.

"On this night...i found two things. A taste of revenge......and my instincts........for murder."

As Shiki slowly gets up, he starts walking home. He was going to patch himself up and get some rest. As he did, Tsukasa was seen on the rooftop of the school clapping.

"Wow! Amazing, amazing! He really killed him! I don't sense a single trace of that Nero guy."

Tsukasa was smiling happily as he saw what unfolded. He was sure that Shiki would die, yet what he saw was far beyond his expectations. What really caught his attention was when Shiki started laughing and then slaughtered the beasts.

"Humans are so much more interesting when they don't hold themselves back. A good friend or a murderer? I wonder which is the real Shiki? Hard to believe he was the same boy that you saved. Wouldn't you agree......"

As he talked, a girl walked next to him. As she usually had a expressionless look on her face, this time it was filled with a slight hint of concern.

"............Nanamine Sakura."