Chapter 8

Shiki is seen eating ice cream on the school roof. He was busy thinking about his fight with Avenger. The fight was just like any other one. Whenever he found his life in danger and took off his glasses, he felt so vicious.

"I just have to try harder. But how can i find my purpose. How will i know if its correct? That its something that i won't regret?"

As Shiki questioned himself, Teru looked at his friend in worry. Since he knew how Shiki was feeling, he couldn't help but wonder how to help. Soon the bell rung and the two boys went to the student council room.

However, when they arrived they were met with someone else. The boy had reddish-brown hair and eyes, wore a pair of rectangular glasses, and had an armband over his left sleeve. This was the student council's vice president, Aoi Akane.

 This was the student council's vice president, Aoi Akane

"Akane, what are you doing here?"

"Oh Shiki, i didn't expect to see you here. I had to talk to Teru about something related to the student council."

Shiki nods his head in understanding. He walks out the room and roamed the halls. As he did, he began thinking to himself again. However, he had a strange feeling that he was being watched.

"Maybe i'm just being paranoid. I have been working nonstop."

As Shiki was lost inside his own thoughts, he accidentally bumped into some one. When he looked down he saw a first year girl with long hair on the ground. He soon lends a hand to the girl.

"I'm sorry about that, i wasn't paying attention. Are you alright?"

"Y-yes sir. I'm okay, thank you."

As Shiki looked at the girl, he recognized the girl's cream colored hair with green tips. When he did, he was slightly surprised.

"This is the girl that kept failing to get Teru's attention."

As Shiki lifts the girl off the ground, he noticed her fidgeting and that her face was slightly red. Usually he could read people like a book, but he felt better off not knowing what was going on through her head. Meanwhile the girl was thinking to herself as she was in her own little world.

"M-m-m-megane (glasses) Type!!! The handsome megane type. Usually they only exist in romance anime or manga!!! Usually this leads to him taking off his glasses and looking like a stud."

"Anyways, i'm Shiki Aozaki. I'm a second year here. Nice to meet you."

"Oh! I'm Yashiro Nene, a first year. I'm glad to meet you, Aozaki-senpai!"

Shiki suddenly puts a hand on Yashiro's shoulder. Soon he began to speak to her again after recovering from the shock of being called senpai.

"I'll buy you some strawberry ice cream......because i'm your senpai."

As Shiki and Yashiro go to the school store, Yashiro wondered about something. If Shiki is a second year, then he must be in the same class as Teru.

"I hope he didn't see my failed attempts. Wait a minute...does this mean i have to chose between Minamoto-senpai or Aozaki-senpai! What do i do?"

"Ummm,Yashiro. Your ice cream is gonna melt if you don't eat it."

Shiki sweatdrops as he saw Yashiro having a minor panic attack. As Yashiro calms down, she looked at Shiki. As she looked at him, she saw Shiki smiling while he ate his ice cream.

"Ummm, Aozaki-senpai. I'm grateful but why are you treating me to ice cream?"

"I need a reason? I felt like doing something nice, so i did something nice. Simple as that."

Soon Shiki stood up as he was prepared to leave. When he turns towards Yashiro, he smiled.

"Anyways, i should thank you. I would've died of boredom if you didn't show up. Let's do it again sometime."

After saying that, Shiki left Yashiro by herself. She was happy to get to know someone normal. After dealing with Hanako and other supernaturals, hanging out with Shiki was like a breath of fresh air. However, one thought entered her mind.

"Did this count as a date?!"

~With Shiki~
Shiki walked back into the student council's office. As he did, he saw Teru with a serious expression. However, when he saw Shiki he tried his best to smile.

"Oh, sorry i kept you out for too long."

"It's not a big deal Teru, besides i met someone interesting while i was killing time."

As Shiki laughed a bit, Teru looked down for a moment. He knew something was watching Shiki. He knew since this morning, however he had to make sure of one thing.

"Shiki, you should go home early today."

"Huh, why is that?"

"Well the store is having a discount on some ice cream."

Shiki was suddenly in front of Teru's desk. As he looked at the boy, Shiki asked him a question.

"How big is the discount?"

"Thirty percent off."

"I'll see you later Teru. I got to leave early today."

Having heard the good news, Shiki left the school early. Teru sighed in relief as he grabbed his sword. His smile was now replaced with a cold expression.

"Looks like another supernatural needs to be exorcised."

~Timeskip~
It was the middle of the night. Teru has left the school and began walking home. As he did, he felt a strong presence in front of him. He saw a man standing in the shadows. The man had a frown upon his face when he saw Teru.

"You are not the boy i seek. Who are you?"

"Teru Minamoto, i'm the one who's going to exorcise you. Let's be sure to get this over with."

Suddenly the man found both himself and Teru in a cage made of lightning. As he looked at Teru he sighed as he stepped out the shadows.

"I suppose you will have to do. You'll be my meal for the night. I am Nrvnqsr Chaos. Though my name can be read as Nero. Now then, let us see if you are even worthy to be called my meal."

As the man said this, Teru noticed something about the man's body. It began to morph. Soon he saw various beasts manifesting from within the man's body.

"My beasts or your blade. We'll see which is superior, Teru Minamoto."