Chapter 9

Suddenly Teru used the beads on his wrist to restrain Nero. As he did, he charged with his blade in hand. Suddenly, a black wolf emerged from Nero's body as it opened its jaw.

Teru jumped back so he wouldn't get bitten by the creature. Soon Nero broke free from the beads that restrained him by using the beasts in his body to bite through them. Teru looked in disgust as he saw Nero open his coat. This was no normal man, he was a monster.

 This was no normal man, he was a monster

Soon Nero sent several beasts after Teru. However, Teru quickly swung his sword and decapitated most of them. As he lunged forward, he tried to stab Nero. Though he was quickly stopped as several snakes lunge out of Nero's body and coiled around Teru's body.

Suddenly Teru slammed his body against the electric cage that he trapped Nero and himself in. The bodies of the snakes exploded as he was now free from their grasp.

"Your familiars are no match for me, Nero. So let's just end this."

"Familiars? Is that all they look like to you? It was only me who was fighting."

Teru was surprised by what Nero was saying, but soon shook his head. He lunged forward towards the man with a frown on his face. However, he soon found himself restrained by more snakes. As he looked down, he saw the remains of the beasts had all formed into a black formless mud. Though this time, he found difficult to escape from the snakes.

 Though this time, he found difficult to escape from the snakes

"Can you not see, Teru. The Chaos, the 666 elements of the beast from which i draw power from."

Suddenly, Nero tears into his own chest with his arms. As he did, he tore it apart leaving a hole where his chest was. Soon three large, crab-like spiders that were greater in size than a giant elephant emerges.

 Soon three large, crab-like spiders that were greater in size than a giant elephant emerges

"Physical damage means nothing to me. Chaos can not be harmed because it has no single inherent form. I am simply a mixture of 666 elements of the beast that were in the Far Shore. I am one whole made of many parts. If you wish to destroy me, then you'll have to damage all 666 beasts at an instant."

The three crab like creatures stabbed Teru's back with their claws. As Teru screamed in pain, he was thinking to himself.

"If he is just a multitude of beasts put together, then why did the form he had when i first saw him resembled a human. Could it be....he was a living human who dwelled in the Far Shore?"

"Now then, i guess i shall let the beasts feast upon you."

As Nero stood inches away from Teru, he began to manifest more beasts. As Nero simply looked at Teru, the boy suddenly stabbed his sword into Nero's chest. Soon the man found himself being electrocuted from within his body.

"Well if outside damage didn't work, i suppose internal damage will. If i couldn't get close enough to you, i just had to let you get close to me."

Suddenly, Teru kicked Nero's leg and made the man trip. As he was about to stab the man with his sword again, a multitude of Nero's beasts surrounded Teru from every corner. The head of a black wolf suddenly emerged from Nero's torso and bites down on Teru's arm.

"Rest in peace, Te-"

Before Nero could finish his sentence, he saw the sun was coming up. Soon all the beasts he manifested returned to his body. Nero walks away, leaving behind an injured Teru.

"You are lucky, boy. Your life is spared, but know this. The one i'm looking for will find me. He is my true prey, so stay out of this if you value your life."

~Timeskip~
Shiki is seen on the rooftop of the school. He took off the jacket of his uniform as it was too hot. While he ate strawberry ice cream, he began thinking to himself.

"I haven't seen Teru all day. He's never late for school, so what happened to him?"

Shiki had a look of concern on his face. As he was lost in thought, he heard someone walking towards the roof. When he looked around, he was surprised for a moment.

"Shiki-nii!!!! You're here?! Thank goodness."

"Huh, what are you doing here Kou?"

As Shiki looked at Kou, he noticed the expression on his face. Kou looked scared for some reason. As Shiki noticed this, Kou spoke up.

"It's Teru-nii.....he was attacked!!!"

Shiki's eyes widened from what he heard. Teru was severely injured, he lost against a supernatural. He couldn't believe it. Soon he puts his hand on Kou's head.

"Don't worry Kou, it'll take more than that to take down Teru. Anyways, you should be careful from here on out."

As Shiki stood up, he walks back into the school while putting on the jacket to his uniform. As he was away from Kou, a murderous look could be seen in Shiki's eyes. He was angry and ready to fight.

As Shiki was walking away, a certain apparition was watching him from a distance. As the spirit went back to the girl's bathroom, he saw Yashiro waiting for him.

"Is something wrong, Hanako-kun?"

Hanako shook his head at Yashiro. As she cleans the bathroom, Hanako started to think to himself.

"That exorcist couldn't beat a supernatural, yet Glasses wants to face the thing that took him out. Something tells me that kid is dangerous."

Soon the sun began to set as all the students went home. The moon was out in the night sky as Nero made his way to the school. However, there was a boy behind the school gates with a knife in his hand. As he pushed his glasses up to his face, he had one thing in mine.

"Don't worry Teru, i'll kill this bastard myself."