Prologue

~Flashback, First Year at Kamome Academy~

A boy with blonde hair and blue eyes is seen walking around Kamome Academy as he was searching for a friend of his. This boy is known as Teru Minamoto.

"Where is he? Doesn't he know that we have to go to study camp?"

As Teru looks around the school, he noticed someone walking up the stairs to go to the roof of the school. Since he got curious, Teru followed the person. As he got to the roof, he saw the person sit down and was eating something. When he saw what the person was eating, he knew exactly who it was.

"Geez, Shiki. Only you would come up here alone to eat ice cream."

The boy turned around as he looked at his friend. The boy had black hair and gray eyes, was of average height, and wore the old school uniform since he wasn't able to get the current one due to some circumstances. This boy was Shiki Aozaki.

"You never change, do you Teru? Even now you can still be a little too worrisome."

The two boys laughed at what Shiki said. Truth be told, he and Teru were friends ever since childhood. Shiki was always there to keep Teru company and vice versa. As Shiki ate his strawberry ice cream, Teru spoke up.

"We have the study camp tonight Shiki. Don't forget about it, okay?"

Shiki didn't forget about it. It was the opposite, in fact. He knew today was the study camp, yet he had a bad feeling about it. He couldn't put it into words, but he just felt something terrible might happen tonight.

"Well then, i'll see you later Shiki. Try not to be late."

Having said that, Teru left and went back inside the school. As for Shiki, he stayed on the roof top and ate ice cream. He knew all about Teru and what he had to deal with. To be honest he was kind of jealous of Teru.

"He came from a family of exorcist, he's cool, good looking, and he's got a purpose. Meanwhile, all i can do is see ghosts and that's it. I never really had a goal or a purpose to look forward to."

As Shiki sat by himself he begun to think. What would he do? What should he do? He wasn't exactly normal by any means. Most kids his age already have dreams, already have a goal, already know who they like, already knew what satisfaction felt like. As for Shiki, no matter how much he succeeded or dreamed, he felt hollow. He didn't feel human like most people, he just felt a deep emptiness.

"I better get going. If i'm late for that study camp, Teru won't let me live it down."

As Shiki walks inside the school, he could've sworn he passed by a girl on the way. She had green hair and green eyes that had flecks of yellow in them. When Shiki saw her eyes, he noticed something. A lack of emotion inside them. For a moment, he felt like he found someone just like him. Yet.....for some reason he had a strange sense of familiarity with her. He shook his head and kept moving to find Teru. As he kept walking, he was thinking about the girl he just saw. If he were to describe her it in two words it would be beautiful and empty.