Chapter 14

Shiki, Yashiro, and the teacher looked at Kou with a blank stare. After recovering from the initial shock, Yashiro spoke to Kou.

"Hmmm, well.......i do think it's a bit wrong for a boy to go into the girls' restroom."

"No.....not you too Yashiro-senpai. And Hanako isn't even here. How will i keep my promise with Teru-nii?"

"Hanako-kun isn't here?"

As Kou told Yashiro the reason Hanako wasn't here, Shiki left the two behind as he went to the student council's room. As he did, Teru looked at him.

"Ah, Shiki. Is something wro-"

Teru saw Shiki's hand shaking. He saw the look on his friend's face and had a good idea on what was wrong.

"Teru......there is something wrong with me. All i did was meet Kou's teacher and before i knew it.....i had the urge to kill the man where he stood."

"Calm down Shiki. There must be an explanation for this. This only happens because when you're around the supernatural. So there is a chance that someone you came into contact with wasn't human."

Teru knew this was true. When his family told him about Shiki's family, he knew everything behind this bloodlust. However, he couldn't tell Shiki about this. He didn't want to tell his friend that he was born like this...to be a killer. As Teru looked at Shiki he sighed.

"So Shiki, how are you feeling? You did spend quite some time recovering from your battle against Nero."

"Yeah, though i'm surprised at how strong he was. I knew if that monster managed to give you trouble, then he must've been an exceptionally strong supernatural."

The two boys laughed for a moment. Its been awhile since they talked during the whole Nero incident. However, they knew something was going on in this school and they needed to find out in order to protect the students and teachers.

"This does cause some need for concern. Strong supernaturals have shown up frequently lately. Do you think the Seven Mysteries are behind this?"

"I doubt it. Remember, School Mystery Number 2 seemed to be a victim in this too. Only the cause was her rumor being altered. At least that is what Kou said."

Shiki nods his head in understanding. They needed answers so they could operate more efficiently. Soon Shiki had a an idea, but it had a huge risk.

"Teru, we're getting no where as we are now. So i have a proposal."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Well, how about a sort of alliance with the Seven Mysteries. I don't mean we give up on getting rid of them, but using them. Surely they noticed the changes around the school as well, right? Plus there is only so much that the two of us can do on our own."

Teru thought about this closely. He didn't trust supernaturals, but he and Shiki needed as much info as possible. However, how would Shiki be able to negotiate.

"Shiki, they might want something in return or a sign that shows that we're serious about cooperating."

"I already have that worked out. With what i have in mind, we'll be the only ones gaining something with nothing to lose."

Teru nodded as he had an idea of what Shiki might offer. It was risky and one slip up could have some consequences, but they needed to take this chance.

"Okay Shiki, do what you must."

"I will, and i think i know where to look."

As Shiki walks out the room, he looked at his phone to check the time. It was currently a few minutes after four o'clock. He heard a rumor about a special store room in the library that you can only enter at 4pm.

As Shiki walked to the library, he tried to mentally prepare himself. For some reason he always had this murderous impulse whenever a supernatural is involved. If he wanted to make a deal with them, he needed to restrain himself.

Soon he walked inside of the library. As he looked around, he saw Kou and Yashiro walking towards a bookshelf. As he followed them, he began to remember what the rumors were about.

"That's right. There are three types of books here. White books, black books, and red ones. The white books are for the living, the black books are for the dead, and red books are not meant to be read. I wonder what mine would be. I may be alive, but i have come into contact with death twice."

As Shiki arrived at the bookshelf where Yashiro and Kou were previously at, he saw a door with a butterfly on it. As he took a deep breath, he opens the door. When the door was opened he felt his shoes getting wet. When he looked down, he saw water all around the floor.

"I remember this feeling.....i remember it all too well."

Shiki's mind went back to the time when he first entered one of the Seven Mysteries' boundary. Just remembering that time filled him with a sense of dread.

As Shiki looked ahead, he saw Kou and Yashiro being chased by some monster. He hid behind a bookshelf as he saw the two heading for the door that he just entered through.

After finding out it was locked, Kou stood in front of Yashiro as he plans on protecting her. He pointed his raiteijou at the creature, he tried to exorcise it but instead of electricity all he got was air with a tiny "poof" sound happening. As Shiki saw this, he held his knife closely as his underclassmen screamed.

"Aah!!!! I forgot, that stupid Hanako!!!!"

"You called?"

Suddenly the creature was sliced apart. As Yashiro and Kou looked up, they saw two individuals standing in front of them with a knife in their hands. As Hanako turns around, he smiled at the person who helped him kill the beast.

"It's nice to meet you, Megane-kun (Glasses)."

As Yashiro looked from behind Hanako, she was surprised by what she saw. She saw her upperclassmen staring at Hanako with a serious look on his face. As she looked at the boy, she called out to him in a questioning tone.

"Aozaki-senpai?"