Chapter 9: Carmen

Chapter 9: Carmen

I opened my eyes to see the beautiful woman right beside me. My hand was around her waist whilst her hands wrapped around my body, securing me and making me feel safer than I ever had in two years. I felt the tears forming in the corner of my eyes again, but it wasn’t from the tears of pain I had always been feeling, it was something different, it was bliss. Someone so new and different to me.

Her scent was different too. It wasn’t like any other scent, everyone had different scents but hers wasn’t ordinary, I couldn’t explain it. I wanted to describe it but I couldn’t, all I could say is that it’s amazing. I looked into her sleeping face, her face so calm and innocent. The way her eye lashes curve, her mouth slightly open, her lips so full and soft, her breathing calm and light, strands of her dark locks hanging on her perfect face, and everything about her is just beautiful. The word “beautiful” couldn’t even compare to her.

As I moved a strand of her hair from her face and to behind her ears, I couldn’t help but kiss her forehead. I finally got up and saw the dark night outside. The lamp post being the only light in my room that reflected on Megan’s face perfectly. As I got up, I searched for my phone and realized I had left it back in the woods. I softly moved Megan’s hands to not wake her up and walked out the cabin. It had seemed everyone was asleep.

I ran into the woods as fast as I could, hoping that Megan wouldn’t wake up. I want to be the first person she sees when she wakes up. Dean and Kate were probably doing the look out tonight and most likely realized I had ran out the house, not that I care if they do or not.

Before I knew it, I was already near the field, and everything came into view. For some reason, I saw a human figure up ahead and it didn’t take too long to realize the scent came from the devil herself. It was Carmen. I was confused, but then again; it’s not like this part of the woods was also part of the Jones territory.

As I came closer to the field and towards her, she finally turned her head and looked at me in the eyes. The way she looked at me was something different. It wasn’t the sarcastic bitch face she always looked at me with. This time, it was like she was serious and her eyes, was filled with anger, and pain. I couldn’t really put it in exact words but for some reason, I felt what she was feeling, like literally. It was weird. I’ve seen people hurt so many times but I had never felt it, it was like I was another part of her, I couldn’t understand.

As I walked closer to her, her face became more clearer and it wasn’t too soon until I was exactly face to face with her. I looked into her sorrowful brown eyes, it was honestly like looking at myself in the mirror. I never realized how we looked so much alike until now.

When I looked into her eyes, it was like I was looking into how I looked this morning. It was consumed by hate, guilt, pain, suffering, and sadness. It was almost like I wanted to hold her and tell her it was going to be okay, but I couldn’t get the thought of what she’s doing here of all places.

I finally cleared my thoughts enough for me to speak, “what are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?” She changed the question. I had never seen her speak so serious.

“I came to get my phone.”

“Is that really the reason?”

“What are you doing here?” I queried again, with a demanding voice.

“This is where she died isn’t it?” A sword had pierced right through my heart at the memory of Kiera. “Where she died because of you?”

I was speechless for a moment, but I quickly thought of Megan, calming my nerves. “In case you're too blonde to realize, it was your own pack that killed her." Anger began rushing through my veins at the thought of the Vinge pack.