Chapter 14: Truth Unveil

chapter 14: Truth unveil

We stood in the room, my father and I. I watched him take a deep breath before speaking.

“It was long before you were born. As you know, your mother was in my pack from the beginning. She, myself, as well as a boy named Ivian. Who is now known as the Alpha of the Vinge pack. The three of us were incredibly close, it was always us. The three of us became the strongest trio as the years passed. Ivian was my adopted brother. My parents, your grandparents took him in at the age of 4, I being 5 years old. He was the only sibling I ever had, and we never looked at each other as anything but brothers. They meant everything to me. Your mother and her parents lived in my parent's estate, so the three of us were close even from the beginning. I being the real alpha blood, Ivian always had some sort of jealousy for me but he had always pushed it aside for I was his brother and he knew how much I cared and loved him. Until something happened.”

I looked my father in the eyes that bore pain. Something I never knew my father would feel.

“They were about 19 years old by the time, I being 20. Ivian had told me his love for Rachel, your mother. How he had loved her from the very beginning, that she is the only love of his life. But, it was too late. Rachel and I had already began seeing each other. Although, we hadn’t made it official, we were well aware of the love we felt for one another; despite him being my younger brother, I couldn’t just put aside my feelings. When a wolf love, their love lasts for a life time.” Suddenly, the thought of Megan came to mind but I quickly pushed it aside. “It wasn’t too soon until Ivian found out. He was enraged. That was when we found out, he had a blood of alpha as well. His biological parents were alphas. Ivian and I began to fight and every since then, our brotherhood never meant anything to him anymore.”

“So does that mean it still means something to you?” I questioned.

“Yes, he’s my little brother whether by blood or not. Soon, he left, ran away and we never saw him again. Until the word of the birth of Carmen and you came to him. While you were born fine and healthy, considering you were bound to be the heir to the Evergreen pack, Carmen was born with defects. While you came out from your mother's womb crying out of good health, Carmen was quiet, born with a heart defect as well as blindness. Despite that, we loved her, both you and her equally.”

“Then why was she taken to the Vinge pack?” I questioned again, getting impatient.

“Because we had to chose between the two of you.”

There was that feeling again, the feeling of shock that runs through your veins.

“The two of you were only a week old. For that week, we were happy; everything in my life was perfect, our lives were perfect. Rachel was watching over the two of you while I was downstairs getting milk. All the sudden, I heard a loud ruckus upstairs, furniture being broken. I quickly ran to the three of you and there he was after 2 years. Ivian holding a knife to your mothers throat. I couldn’t move or do anything or she would have died. The two of you were still in your crib. Carmen being quiet as always and you crying. I begged and begged Ivian to release your mother but he wouldn’t. He hated me. He wanted to take away what meant everything to me. That was when he made a proposal. I had to chose between you and Carmen for the life of your mother.”

“And you just did it? You just gave away your own fucking daughter like that?”

“What choice did I have Emi? What would you have done? Would you really want to see the person you love get killed right in front of you?” My father raised his voice.

“So you just give your daughter away like that? Without a fight?” I raised my voice higher than his.

“I had to do whatever it took for the safety of Rachel. Carmen was blind, unhealthy, weak, and you had the blood of the alpha! The heir to the Evergreen pack!”