Chapter 4: Something New

My Alpha Chapter 4

Today was the day I would finally begin my real training as a pack. After I put on my black muscle shirt and army basketball shorts along with worn out shoes which I would most likely be taking off, I ran downstairs and then to the back of the cabin.

“You’re late.” Megan spoke in a pissed yet sexy voice.

“It’s only like 5 - 6 minutes late. Calm down -” Before I was about to rebel anymore, she grabbed my neck, throwing me about 10 feet into the air and 15 feet away from where I had stood. My blood began to boil, my nails turning to claws, my brown eyes glowing, and my teeth sharpening.

As I charged at her, her fist found my core and her foot smashed my face, pushing me back 4 to 7 feet away. “Today’s lesson, controlling your anger!” I heard her calm, and collected voice growl.I tried to stand my ground, but I breathing heavily. “You are not allowed to turn no matter the cause!”

Right now all I could think of was making her the one which turns to defend herself from my strength. As she turned around to face the rest of the pack, I charged from behind, only to find her foot deep into my abdominal. As I fell to me knees, I had never felt so pathetic my entire life. No one, and I mean NO ONE, had ever brought me to my knees in such pain, until she came along. The rest of the pack looked at me with fixed expressions besides James trying to hold in his laugh and Maria having a smirk on her face, making me want to rip those two’s heads off.

“Alright, now listen, Dean with Nate, Nadine with James, Emi with Maria, Kate with Joshua. You are to fight until one of you turns.” I couldn’t be anymore happier knowing I was paired up with the bitch smirking at me, I will make sure to put her in her place. But no matter how much I tried to hide it, my pride was kind of hurt from the fight with Megan. Turns out she isn’t just some pretty face.

“Now begin!” Megan demanded.

Maria first charged at me, as I jumped to my right, avoiding her attack and countering it. She had blocked my counter attack and kicked over her head as I ducked and spinned on the floor, trying to trip her but failing. She jumped into the air trying to kick me but I quickly moved away, my right arm trying to land on her face. She catched my fist, making another counter attack and tried to punch me back but I moved my head quickly enough.

We had been fighting for the past 45 minutes and still had gotten nowhere. Her getting a total of 4 hits and I landing the same amount of times. I had never been so frustrated in fighting my entire life. This pack was something else, something that my previous pack was not. It wasn’t just about strength it was something more, something I couldn’t put my finger on when I was watching not only Maria trying to kill me but the other battles going on around me.

“Enough!” Megan called as we all stopped and turned our bodies towards her, panting from the fight. “We are to go on a battle in groups. Group 1, Emi, Nadine, Kate, and Nate. Group 2, Dean, James, Joshua and Maria. Leaders are Dean and Nate. You will be forming your own battle strategies from what I have taught you and you are to fight until every single one of the other side turns. Understood?”

We shook our heads and stormed into the forest, following our leaders. When we were finally far away from group 2, barely smelling any scent of them, we started forming an organized strategy to fight. “Emi, make sure James goes down. Nadine, make sure Maria goes down. Kate, go against Joshua and I’ll take care of Dean. But while we fight our own opponents, we have to make sure to defend not only ourselves but our own as well. This isn’t a one on one, this is a team. We work together, fight together, defend together. Got it?”

Each one of us shook our heads, signaling that we were ready. “Now, lets go.”

We turned our heels. “James is more of strength, his speed is pathetic so just make sure you dodge and don’t make any physical contact with him unless it’s you attacking. Joshua is a rookie so you’ll beat him no problem, Maria, well, you fought her, she’s flexible and quick, if you fight dean, don’t. It's unless, you need to have a partner with you or you are sure to be beaten.” Nadine all but growled out, as we saw group 2 approach.