Chapter 28: Sacrifice

Song: Butterfly

Artist: Miley Cyrus

Chapter 28

As I lay on my bed, I felt the sun's reflection on my face as I reluctantly opened my eyes to see the my side was empty. Wondering where Megan was, I slowly got off the bed, taking my precious time. As I walked towards my closet to get myself a shirt and shorts since I was on my underwear, I heard the door creak open but ignored it and the person. The person must have thought she was low considering she was trying to sneak up from behind me. Before she was able to wrap her arms around me, I turned around pushing her back by her forehead.

"Ow! Why are you so rude?" Yasmine complained like a little child.

"Why are you so annoying?" I spoke as I slipped on the muscle shirt on me.

"Because it's your birthday!" This time, since my arms were still trying to go through the hole of the shirt, Yasmine was able to jump and wrap her arms around me. "You're old and dumb! Happy birthday my best friend."

Giving in, I also wrapped my arms around her body. "Thanks ass hole, love you."

After putting on my black cargo shorts, I began walking down stairs and seeing everyone around and yelling 'Happy birthday' all at once. My mom walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my body, "Happy birthday" she repeated again. "Ugh! You're so grown up now, you're 20! Not even a teen anymore."

Looking past my mother, I saw Carmen standing there. After the older woman let me go, I ran to my sister and practically jumped on her. "Happy birthday little shit."

"We're the same and happy birthday too." Carmen responded. This was the first time she and I shared a birthday together. It took us until our 20th birthday to finally spend it together and I couldn't be anymore happier than I already am. Not realizing, tears formed in the corner of my eyes as my arms still wrapped around her. No tears fell but it was in there. I sniffled as I let out a chuckle, still not letting her go. This was honestly too good to be true. "I love you Emi."

"I love you too Cams." Just when we were about to let one another go, my father surprisingly came out of nowhere and held both Carmen and I. This was the first time my father held me like this in years.

"My two girls." He spoke quietly, bringing both Carmen and I to his chest. For a moment, we stayed like that, Carmen and I wrapping our arms around each other and our dad as he did. "If there was any regret I have is not letting you two grow up together."

"I love you, dad." Carmen and I said in unison as he kissed our foreheads. After the heart-warming moment, we all sat in the dining table to eat our breakfast. I sat next to Megan of course, we were all sat in our usual seats.

"So, I suggest we all take a day from all this training and so on and go to 6 flags, what do you guys think?" My mother spoke as we all cheered in agreement. "Alright, after you're all done with your breakfast, get dressed."

Yasmine and I were too excited to sit down and eat breakfast. "A dollar on who gets ready first?" I challenged my best friend and quickly got off the seat and ran to my bedroom as I stuffed all the food in my mouth along with Yasmine who tried to push me down the staircase. "Fucking ass hole." I mumbled as food were flying off my mouth. As I got to my bedroom, I put the plate on the table in my room and quickly went through all my clothes as fast as I could. Soon, I found my favorite tight 'The 1975' tank top and my black sweats that were tight on the bottom. Grabbing my White high top Nikes, I ran out of my room, tripping as I opened the door. I saw Yasmine getting out of her room too and ran all the way back down stairs and this time I availed in pushing her down when she shoved me to the side. I laughed out loud while jumping over her.