Chapter 12: Some things we don't understand

Chapter 12: Some things we don’t understand

“What the hell?” Yasmine exclaimed as she sat on my bed, leading on the head with the blanket covering her legs.

“I said the same thing.” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay so let me get this straight. You felt like you were her. You didn’t really know Kiera or know your parents. They’re hiding something… and you’re a dumb ass ignorant little shit.”

I gave the brunette a serious look yet, not so serious. It’s hard to explain. You know that look you give your best friend that sort of tells them to be serious and that you're not playing around but at the same time not too serious that it would make them feel bad for playing around? Yeah, that.

“Yasmine, I don’t know what to do.”

“Did you call them?”

“No, not yet.” I spoke looking down, playing with my fingers.

“Why not?”

I looked up, running my hand through my hair and taking a deep breath. “Oh, I don’t know. I haven’t called my parents while they were out since I was like 14.”

“Ugh you and your pride. Your pride will be the death of you one day.” Yasmine breathed, relaxing her head on the hood of the bed.

“Are you taking my words?”

“Maybe.” We both chuckled at the irony. Just a week ago, I was telling her that her pride will be the death of her and now it’s coming back to me.

Before we were able to go on with the conversation, I got a text… from my father.

“Speak of the devil.” I slid my screen and read, “‘I’m coming home tomorrow, for a party hosted by one of my associates. The Evergreen and Jones pack will be there as well as you.’ Wow, the coincidence.”

“That’s crazy… I’m going right? You’re not allowed to go to a party with a bunch of rich hot guys and not invite me.”

I laughed at my best friend’s idiocy. “Of course you’re coming, so is dean. But, I don’t think you should get your crush jealous.” I winked as I stood up from the bed.

“What?” Yasmine quinted her eyes in disbelief, also turning red.

“I’m not stupid when you two met, the two of you were practically undressing each other through your stare. Anyway, don’t talk about it anymore, he could hear us.”

“Th-then why the hell would you say that you ass hole!”

“Because I’m your best friend and I’m obliged to embarrass you.” I spoke in a british theatrical voice towards the end of my sentence.

“Ass hole.”

“What time is it?”

“7:00, school starts in an hour.”

“Shit! I can’t believe I slept for that long! What the hell?” I exclaimed, jumping off my bed, and running to the bathroom; sliding half way due to my socks and wooden floor.

I took a quick shower and ran out of the shower and grabbing a tank top, jeans, a leather jacket with black leather boots.  “Let’s go.” I ran downstairs with yasmine behind me. I saw Nadine in front of the door also, seems like she was waiting for a ride as well.

The ride was pretty quiet, Nadine was beside me and Yasmine in her own car. As I drove i couldn’t help but think of Carmen, thinking of what I was going to say to her. Right now all I wanted was to do was to punch her and beat her until she’s in a situation 10 times worse than Kate but at the same time, I needed answers. I know I’m suppose to be seeing my parents tomorrow and I could ask them but what if they lie? I mean it won’t be the first that they do, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t. I just need to get it out of Carmen and see her side of the story and not dumb riddles.