Chapter 29: Be strong

song: Warrior

Artist: Demi Lovato

Chapter 29:

My eyes stayed awake in the sleepless night as I watched everyone preparing for battle. At sunrise, we go to the land of true alphas and kill Ivian before it's too late. Just the thought of killing him sent coldness down my spine. A year ago, I longed for nothing more than his blood on the palm of my hands and now, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of taking a life. I know I shouldn't. He is the cause of the suffering of my loved once and the reason for Kiera's death but I still can't bring myself to really see him dead. Have I grown soft over these past few months? Is it weird that because of this situation, I fear my own heart?

Feeling a soft hand rest of my shoulder, I turned to meet these beautiful blue eyes whom gave me a soft smile. "Are you okay?" I nodded my head 'yes'. "Nadine, Dean, Yasmine and your mother are getting their sleep. You should too. The rest of the pack will take care of everything."

"How about you?" I spoke, my eyes still on the betas.

"I won't sleep if you won't." Her voice was gentle and carried concern within it but I just couldn't rest. I couldn't even sit down without having the urge of getting up and doing something. I just can't bring myself to have a piece of mind. Everything is up to me now. I am the alpha. I am responsible for everyone's lives. If death were to occur, it would be in my hands. I had no room to make mistakes. "Emi, you should really rest."

"How can I?" My hands began to shake uncontrollably. Rubbing my temple in distress, I let out a sigh. "I haven't even been an alpha for a day, now I'm expected to lead everyone in battle? This is absurd."

"Listen, you need to have faith in yourself Emi. You're not the girl you once were. You're older, more mature and..." Megan placed her hand on my cheek and brought my face facing hers. "Don't you dare doubt your intelligence. You got this Emi. I know you do and if anything, I'm at your side no matter what. I'm here for you."

All the sudden, I felt all my worries slowly eroding away at the simple touch and words of the woman I love. "Thank you." I spoke lightly as Megan kissed my forehead. "The plan still isn't clear. Will you help me?"

"Of course."

We both walked to my father's room where he already issued a plan for us to attain. Opening the door, I saw my mother standing by his desk. She turned her head towards Megan and she poised her back. I know what she was trying to do. Her mate just died and I know how much she's hurting inside and I couldn't blame her. We all were hurting. She's still trying to keep herself together for everyone. I guess that's what mothers do, that's the reason why they are so strong.

Walking towards the older woman, I wrapped my arms around her. Watching her trying to hold back her tears was crushing. "It's going to be okay mom."

"I know, baby. I know." I finally let go of her and turned my attention back on the wooden table.

Walking towards it, I saw my father's plan on the mission. Picking it up, Megan walked towards me and looked at the papers from behind. "Can you understand them?"

"It's a little complex but I'll figure it out." I responded to Megan's query. "The problem is if we will be able to carry it out in time. This is a lot and Ivian is going to be one with the moonstone tomorrow midnight."

"Don't forget you are also a true Alpha. The moonstone is within you now too." The blue eyed woman spoke soothingly in encouragement.

"What if I don't know how to control the true stage? I can fuck up everything." My grip became tighter on the paper as my heart began racing at the thought of having to be on the true stage.