09 | a little hope

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." The blonde replied, turning to him. "What are we going to do Felix? She's probably in her apartment right now, and not planning on coming out anytime soon."

"Well, we'll just have to knock and go from there." He smiled, trying to give the girl some form of hope. "Listen mate... don't go taking everything that Yeri and Mason say word for word."

Roseanne tilted her head. "Why not?"

"Well, they aren't wrong, you do have to be invited in or know the person, but I think there's more ways to enter than just that. There's loop holes in everything, and so much uncertainty."

He raised his hands and put them on Roseanne's shoulders. "I'm sure if you're meant to know her in your lifetime, then the universe will consider you 'knowing her', even after death. It will let you in because it knows you were meant to meet."

A moment passed as Roseanne took in his words. A smile tugging on the corners of her lips as she looked into his eyes. "You really think?"

"I'd like to hope." Felix smiled. "For your sake."

The way Rosie held direct eye contact with that smile made him blush faintly, as he removed his hands from her. Looking away from the ghostly girl as his mind conjured up an idea. "And if we, or you, end up not being able to enter?" He began, taking some steps towards the apartments. "Guess that just means you and me are meant to be together after all."

He could hear Roseanne laughing from behind him, before she caught up to his side. "We'll just have to see then." She smiled to him. Felix finding it in himself to wink, before dropping his smile and accompanying Roseanne through the main doors, and to an elevator located across the lobby.

Felix knew he should at least hope that Rosie would be able to enter, for her happiness. But a part of him did wish that the rules would follow as told by Mason and Yeri. That the both of them would be stuck in the hallway, wishing that one would have been able to find their way inside. But then again, he wasn't really wishing.

When he knew he should.

"What floor does she live on?" Felix questioned as he focused the energy around his fingertips, and called the elevator to them with the press of a button.

"The tenth." Rosie replied quietly. Tensing into the enclosed box with him when the doors opened. "Room 37."

He nodded and selected the floor. Chuckling a little embarrassingly as it had taken him a couple of tries to get it pressed. But the lift's doors soon closed and the machine began bringing them up. Felix missing the gut churning sensations elevators used to give him as a kid. But appreciating the fact that they could still take one though, even as a ghost.

Once the lift came to a stop, both of them exited and began the short walk to the room labeled with a bold 37. He furrowed his brows at the letter M, that was boxed beside the door. Bringing his finger up to it during his inspection.

"What's the M stand for?" He questioned Rosie. Who was standing to his side, yet slightly behind him.

"I believe it's the first letter of her last name. Man... Mano... Manoban? Yeah, Manoban." Roseanne answered with soft eyes, before looking to the door in front of them. Imagining the woman hidden within, and what she could possibly be up to.

"Lisa Manoban huh?" Felix spoke, pretty much to himself, as he looked at the dark oak. "Alright mate, let's see if you're home..." He brought his hand up to the door, making a fist with it and preparing himself to knock. Tensing, manipulating the energy, as Roseanne spoke.

"Why are you knocking?"

"So we can see if she'll come out." Felix wet his lips in focus, and exciting anticipation.