Chapter 32

Arpita was leisurely sitting on her swing, her legs stretched out and ankles crossed. Resting her back on the pillowed swing chain, she let the swing sway her lullingly, engrossing herself in the novel- Dear John. Her damp curls tumbled down unconquered, brightening her golden yellow ankle-length sundress. The fragrance of lavender fresh in the air.

She was subconsciously waiting for Siddharth, since they'd planned to watch the next movie in the Harry Potter series. Arnav had always acted like he wasn't very interested in it, but she knew that hadn't been true. Siddharth had proved her right. The way his brows would furrow while watching the movie was proof enough, but she couldn't ignore the way his eyes would sparkle, after the movie, when he'd begin to tell her what he liked in the film.

Today, they were going to watch The Order of the Phoenix. And she already knew he'd like the dual the best. She kept that to herself though.

Despite being happy that she could help him re-discover the tiny little things he had enjoyed doing, it reminded her of what she was keeping from him. Whenever she'd recommend him a book and he'd come back saying he loved it, she couldn't help the guilt that built within her. But she was already an expert in hiding her pain, so she simply smiled in return.

Life would never be full of happiness. At least, it was what she believed. Even though, he was her happiness, if everything had been dandy, that would've only made her paranoid. Thinking of what was to come. For she would've felt like she was relishing the silence before the storm. Thus, in these bittersweet days, she found her solace, her normal. And only hoped that she'd be able to hold in her hidden emotions just as wonderfully as she had till now.

As her fingers hovered over the edge of the last few pages, she could sense someone's eyes on her. Distracted, she turned to find Siddharth taking a picture of her. Not even caring that she'd caught him, he admired the clicked photograph and smiled, "You should wear such bright colours often."

"Are you saying I don't look good otherwise?" She raised her brow in question, setting the novel away.

"You are acting more like a wife every day," he shook his head in disbelief.

A frown marred her face. What does that mean? "But it's good you're getting used to it," he smirked, interrupting her thoughts.

As his words registered in her mind, a blush rose up her cheeks, earning a dimpled smile from him. "There goes another," he said, clicking yet another picture of her.

"Sid!" She scolded, standing up, and snatched his mobile from him, wanting to delete it. "I don't- OhMyGod!" She exclaimed, noticing he had a whole folder filled with photos of her!

She speedily scrolled through a few, each of which she hadn't even known had existed, before he took it back from her. Swiftly stuffing his mobile back in his pocket, he sat down on the swing, all the while not meeting her gaze.

"That's stalking!" She accused, still recovering from the shock.

"What?!" He barked out a laugh. "Jaan, I'm not 'illegally pursuing you'," he quoted into the air, still chuckling. "I'm taking pictures of my girlfriend, with my mobile, for me to look at. I don't think I need anyone's permission for that, darling." He said, with a mischievous glint in his eyes. The endearment rolling out of his tongue like a delicacy.

Blinking away from his gaze momentarily, she scoffed at him, crossing her arms against her chest and throwing him a stern look. "Of course, you do," she managed to say. "You need your girlfriend's permission to take her pictures."

His eyes sparkled. "...She's mine," he said with a lopsided grin, locking eyes with her.

She slapped his arm in embarrassment, her face colored red. He laughed, covering it up poorly with a cough, on her glare.