Chapter 15

"Your choice."

After she had had no choice but to accept the gift from her boss, she smiled, standing in the living room of her new house, before following him outside. Frankly, she had loved every inch of the house. And, for sure, it had made her admiration for the man grow ten folds. Not because of what he had gifted her, but because of how much thought and effort he had put in. He hadn't even wished her 'happy birthday' yet. She recalled how after the first week of her working for him, he had acknowledged her so slyly, saying, 'But you work well. I guess you won't be a hindrance.'

She just knew it wasn't his ego, but his hesitation that made it really hard for him to say things like these directly to anyone. Arnav's like that too. Her smile brightened. She walked over to her boss who was leaning on his car, with his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows, muscles bulging out, as he ran a hand through his messy hair, speaking on his phone. The infamous stern look was back on his face. However, when his eyes darted to hers, it softened, causing her eyes to crinkle.

He ended the call, and took out the keys to the new house, "So, here's the key," he offered.

She chuckled, "You're so stubborn, Sir," and took it.

A short laugh rumbled out of his chest as he opened the door for her.

After they were almost at the exit, she realized it was already six p.m. and he could've just stayed home. "I- could've taken a cab, Sir."

He smirked, glazing at her, "You could've, you needn't."

She shook her head, "...Thank you," she said, taking the opportunity to thank him for all the little things he was doing for her.

That caught him off guard. Her angelic voice spellbinding him. "My pleasure," he replied, after a moment of the magnetic silence.

He told her that if she wanted to shift within the weekend, then he would gladly give her a day off. However, being the dutiful secretary that she is, she informed him she'll move in on the weekend and no holiday will be necessary.

He was a little disheartened by that, though he had predicted the same response from her. He wanted her to move in faster, so that she would be near him at all times. The feeling of it in itself brought him happiness. He heaved a sigh; he surely was a goner. When and how was he to convey to her what she does to him?

They went to an ice cream parlor before he dropped her home.

"I can't believe your favorite's blueberry. I thought our likes matched, for God's sake!"

"I can say the same about your choice, Sir." Arpita said tonelessly, giving him a bored look.

"What's wrong with avocado? It's one of the best flavors out there." He shrugged, putting a spoonful in his mouth.

Arpita pursed her lips, "No way. The best ones are blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, straw-"

"Berry! You like berries?!" He looked at her like she was an alien.

Her brow raised at his tone. She licked the ice cream off her lip, causing his lips to go dry. "I do, what about it? It's so much better than avocado... Were you the same as a kid too? Wanting avocado ice cream?" She suddenly seemed curious.

Sid's posture stiffened. Before a shaky smile made its way on his lips. "I guess. But I also like coffee, dark chocolate and mint." I must've liked something out of these, if not all.

She dramatically sighed, amusing him, before dipping her spoon into the cup of creamy blueberry. "Except for the coffee one, I can't tolerate anything else."