Chapter 29

Tarun and his family planned to stay at the campsite till Sunday night while the rest planned to leave after lunch. Planning to relax at home a little before the hectic Monday arrives.

Just after lunch, the twins insisted that they all play the blindfold game before the two couples would leave. Who could refuse the little cuties?

Making sure that the twins were under someone's supervision all the time, they began to engross themselves in the game. After a few rounds, Siddharth was the one to get blindfolded.

"There, you go," Addison turned Sid around one last time and stepped away.

"I'm here," Riya yelled excitedly, as the silent Diya giggled. They were doing that for every round, as if it were the signal to start moving.

Sid walked cautiously; his hands stretched out in front of him. He turned every now and then, and sauntered in all directions, trying to catch someone.

"You're so bad at this!" Tarun snickered loudly, a few minutes later.

"Damn it, go easy on me," Sid mumbled as he turned to the voice and started to walk again, tired of roaming blindfolded.

"Sure thing," Nisha answered from behind Arpita, who shrieked as Nisha pushed her on Sid.

As the couple struggled to not fall, Addy and Vi burst out laughing, making Nisha and Tarun join them. Arpita glowed scarlet from the attention, stuck in Sid's arms. He removed his blindfold and grinned down at her. The sight was so love-stricken that it made the others chuckle some more.

"You guys are so cute," Addy faked a tear, as Violet decided to click their picture.

"Send that to me," Sid ordered in a heartbeat.

"Of course! Both of you will get your copies by tonight. Would you like it printed and framed?" she jested; her tone professional.

"Would love that," Sid nodded, playing along, holding Arpita tighter when she tried to wriggle out of his hold.

"Sid!"

Their fun was interrupted as they heard a few footsteps approaching the campsite.

"I think they're here!" Nisha clapped, and walked away to greet them. The twins followed behind her, wanting to know who had come.

All eyes were on Tarun, seeking for an explanation.

"She called her college friends, for the rest of the day," he shrugged hesitantly, cautiously glancing at Siddharth, whose jaw clenched.

"We'll leave then," he declared, going to the tent to pack everything. Addy and Vi, though confused, left with him to their tent.

"Why is he angry?" Arpita asked Tarun, confused.

Because he's scared. Tarun sighed, raking his fingers through his hair. "Nisha has a few good friends and a few not-so-tolerable ones," he laughed awkwardly, not giving her any hints about how Sid had been in college.

Laughter and high-pitched voices filled the place as Nisha's friends came into view. Arpita observed how two of them had worn pointed heels, too much makeup and mini skirts to a campsite? They did not acknowledge Arpita or even the twins for that matter, their gaze judgemental. Arpita's relaxed posture straightened unconsciously as she took in the sight of the two girls checking out Tarun and smirking. Nisha stood obliviously as Tarun sighed and decided to walk away.

Arpita shook her head slightly as Nisha enthusiastically introduced them to her. She put on her polite smile and said her hellos, before deciding to head to her tent and help Sid pack.