Chapter 7

"Coffee." Siddharth ordered through the intercom, without glancing away from his computer screen. It had been a long day and he was tired. He really needed a cup of coffee.

He didn't wait for her to answer, he knew she would have heard. He was completely engrossed in his work. He had to find the issue with this today, he was determined. He had started working on it after the project plan discussion had ended at seven.

Arpita softly opened the door, not knocking, and her steps were light as she made her way to his desk. Placing the hot cup of coffee without making a sound, and turning the cup's handle to his side, she left.

He sipped his coffee, his eyes strained on the Excel sheet and his right-hand fingers hovering over the keyboard keys, ready to type. A small smile made its way on his lips, at the taste of the coffee reaching his taste buds. Suddenly, his attention was on his coffee. Had he told her how he liked his coffee? When was that? Oh, well, he shook his head dismissively, going back to the project.

After an hour or so had passed, his personal mobile rang. Who else could it be, but his dad. He picked it up.

"Yes, dad?"

"Is there any problem, Siddharth?"

His brows furrowed, "Why would there be?" He glanced at the clock that hung above his door.
11 pm!
"Oh shit! I didn't notice, dad. I'll leave right now."

"Eat something on the way. You must be starving," his father's concerned voice was heard.

"Hmm. I'll do that," he closed the Excel sheet and the opened mail, after ending the call, and shut down his laptop. Getting up, he put on his blazer, his eyes landing on Arpita, growing frustrated at the woman for not informing him how late it was. How stupid can she be?

"Get ready to leave," he told her, holding the intercom phone to his ear.

"Yes, S-" he kept it down, took his mobiles, his office bag, and strode to the door.

He waited for Arpita to finish packing up. He wanted to scold her. Then, again, he didn't want to. Had he ever been indecisive before? You know the answer ;)

"Next time, inform me when it's eight thirty," he told her, his voice deep as usual.

He was a man of routine. Getting up early for a gym session; reaching the office on time. Working till the clock strikes midnight and often even after that, every single day, except when Tarun manages to pull him out on a random Sunday- was his previous routine. Now, he got home within ten, thanks to the schedule that was so perfectly organized and kept. He did work on Sundays, but from home. And sparing four to five hours was enough to be done with it. For he was no longer struggling without a proper secretary. Surprisingly, he wasn't hating this kind of lifestyle as much as he had assumed.

Arpita had not only made his life so much more relaxing, but had also made the Tri Enterprises' secretarial team much more efficient. She got the work done accurately from them. She was friendly with them, but knowing when to be strict and when lenient. She had also observed their individual abilities well. There was so much to admire about her, that sometimes he wondered why she was still working under someone instead of risking it and ruling the place. Though he wasn't someone who loved to talk, if he was to ever start talking about this woman, he was more than aware that he would have a hard time stopping.

"Okay, Sir," her voice from behind him made him pause for a nanosecond.

Then he resumed walking to his private elevator, thinking she was following behind him. Sensing her walking away, he turned to see her making her way to the other elevator at the corner.