Chapter 31

chapter 31
Elphaba's POV
the baby. now?
I just woke up to find that my water had just broke..
"GLINDA!" "FIYERO! COME QUICKLY PLEASE" I yelled and sure enough they both came running into the bedroom with panicked expressions.
"NOW?!" Fiyero shouted.
"yes, you'll have to deliver it Yero I know you can do it.." I calmly stated. I did believe in him with everything and I knew he would be an excellent father.
"Glinda hold my hand" I said and she squezzed my hand so tightly I thought I would lose blood connections.
"not that tight" I gasped,
"Elphie..... push!" Glinda started whispering.
the pain was unbearable, excruciating actually.
I screamed and let all my anger out. do it for Fiyero and Glinda.. do it for Fiyero and Glinda...
"Lurline oh sweet ozzzzaghhhhhh"
"It's coming" Fiyero said excited now.
"okay Elphie steady pushes...that's it, almost there!" Glinda squeezed my hand...
"Fae...okay that's it! okay nearly.." Fiyero said holding onto something.. the head?
all I knew was I was in serious amounts of pain.
"Okay well done beautiful, one last push" he encouraged me.
I pushed as hard as I could and sure enough I heard screaming of a new born baby inside the bedroom.
I sighed. what a relief!
Fiyero took the baby out and wrapped it in towels to keep it safe and protected.
"Boy or Girl?" I asked impatiently.
Fiyero clipped the unbiblical chord and said "...a boy"
I cried excited tears. my son. my very own son.
"And look Elphie he isn't a dark green!" Glinda cheered.
he's skin was like a very lime sort of glow. I love him so much.
Fiyero handed me him for the first time. his eyes were still shut but he had Fiyero's nose and ears and he had my shaped lips.
Fiyero came and sat on the bed next to me and kissed my forehead.
"I'll give you two some privacy" Glinda whispered and left the room.
I felt awfully sorry for her....he could have been her child..
I knew she was happy for both of us but somewhere inside her fragile heart part of her was breaking.
Fiyero drew me back to reality when he was touching my shoulder to signal a question.
"sorry Yero...what were you saying?" I asked as I quickly kissed his cheek.
he laughed and kissed me back. "what shall we call him?" he asked, his eyes connecting with mine.
"Terrance" Glinda said as she came through the door and sat at the end of our bed. "I mean that's what I would have chosen" she said smiling as she said the name again. "Terrance Tigulaar" I love it!
I looked at Fiyero and he smiled too. Terrance. welcome to the new world baby boy.