Chapter 14

chapter 14

Elphaba's POV

I woke up the next morning by the light sun-rays sparkling through the drawn curtains.

I stirred and finally opened my eyes.

not long afterwards i remembered the pain i was in.

"sweet oz" i exclaimed clutched my belly.

This child better be beautiful for the amount of pain i am going through.

I was only 4 weeks along thank-goodness -no pun indented- that i was only so along the road of misery and mayhem.

Glinda's rather loud stirring on the sofa pulled me away from my thoughts.

I got up and walked into the living room to check up on her.

"Glinda? Are you fully awake?" I starred.

"Elphie... Good-morning sweet" she got up and came over to hug me. Her smell of strawberries and flowers made me feel warm and joyable.

"How you smell like that every morning, i don't know how you do it?" I chuckled and she blushed slightly hugging me again.

It was nice to be in close contact with Glinda again considering i would never see her again after my 'death' act.

Suddenly a stabbing pain jolted inside my stomach. I didn't have a big baby bump.....yet, however all these pains felt like they lasted for hours not minutes..

The pain took me to the floor, winded.

"Sweet Oz, Christ The Almighty Unnamed God" i screeched.

Glinda was right by my side at once telling me to breathe slowly and to stay calm she told me it was 'just a little wind'.

All of a sudden thank lucky lurline, Fiyero darted through the door and saw me on the ground.

"Sweet Oz!" He darted over as i clung to his chest, he lifted me up and carried me to our bed.

"I thought you weren't going to come back to me Yero..." I breathed as i kissed his cheek.

"Fae... Oh bloody lurline what have i done?" He knelt down beside the bed and took my hand.

He was shaking as tears streamed his face.

"Fae, I should have never left you for a moment i was so stupid"

Glinda knocked on the door just then.

"I'm going back home to the city, I'll check up on you in a few weeks Elphie" she came over and kissed my forehead.

"Okay Glin" i whispered.

"Fiyero... Look after her" she said sternly. She left. She was gone. I didn't know how long 'a few weeks was' at all and what would all the Ozians think?

"Elphaba??" Fiyero kissed my hand still holding on to it for dear life.

"Yes Yero?" I smiled a little at his silly nickname.

"I'm sorry i left you for a while but i needed to clear my head a little.

"Of what is left of your head, i'm surprised it hasn't fallen off" i joked i was in the mood for humour and he seemed to laugh, slightly.

"Sorry..." i giggled.

"That's alright" he leaned forward, kissing the brim of my nose. "As long as you're happy that's all that matters to me"