Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Elphaba's POV

I waited for Glinda by the bridge I looked around everywhere to check that no one was around.

I was safe.. and very cold.

I was secured by a dark cloth that hung over my head and wrapped around my fragile body to hide any green skin from showing.

I wondered what it would be like to see Glinda again. Scary? afraid that I would cause her trouble, it would only be for a half an hour just to see her.. and not just rumours.

"E-Elphie?" I timid voice dragged me back to the cold, dry night.

I turned around and saw Glinda in a pale pink dress with a square like object in her hands.. a book. Yes she bought it oh Glinda!

"Glinda.." I started to speak but nothing came out.

"Oh Elphie" she flung her arms around me and pulled me close. Her hug was pleasant and comforting.

"Glinda I am so so sorry that I couldn't let you know.. It must be awful for you" I whispered still hugging her with alrighty strength.

"Elphaba, that's okay I forgive you-u"

I looked at Glinda, a single tear fell from her eyes and landed on her pale pink dress as the tear drop darkened and stained her dress.

I felt like that tear drop. fresh at first and then landing in the hands of the wizard and darkening... burning.

"I have missed you so much" I sighed. I remembered the book. "Glinda...." I looked down at the book as my fluorescent fingered felt the rough leather of the torn away cover and the sharp edges of the violently used pages.

"Elphie.. it's yours. The Grimmerie belongs to you, not me" Glinda said as she starred up at me with kind gentle like eyes. "Please take it from me" She smiled and handed me the book.

I was lost for words. I had it back but that meant I had all the power back.

"Won't all your Ozians wonder where it is?" I say as I hug the possession quietly.

"Yes...but I would make up an excuse to win them over, they are all brainwashed by your death anyway.. always smiling and cheering..you caused quite a stir" Glinda laughed.

I laughed too. Strange I hadn't laughed like that in a long time.

Suddenly out of the blue I heard footsteps behind me. Oh Oz! What to do????? quick Elphaba think fast.

Glinda saw the figure rise up over me and glanced at me with panic-stricken eyes.

"Glinda?" A familiar husky voice approached.

Fiyero.

"Fiyero?" Glinda said still panicked up and looking at me.

"Fiyero?" I turned around and there he was in the moody darkness looking as Glinda once used 'scandalacious' or as I like to describe him 'swankified' I liked the say Glinda said it.

"Fae? Oh my Oz! You are okay. don't leave me like that again okay?" Fiyero embraced me and kissed my neck.

Glinda and Fiyero hugged after that and soon came apart and Glinda took my hand and stared at Fiyero.

"Your alive too!" Glinda whispered.

"Yes..." I said and turned around to Glinda and hugged her, I kissed her forehead and tears were stinging my eyes.

She couldn't stand to see us together I knew it so I would spare her no more pain.

I knew our reunion had to finish soon.

"I promise to be in touch.." I smiled, whispering in her ear.

"see me soon okay?... at night no one can know your here, you could be killed" Glinda kindly reminded me.

"Okay" I said hugging Glinda one last time and took Fiyero's hand.

I looked up at him as he pulled me away.

"See you soon" I said to Glinda but when I turned around she was gone.