Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Fae?" Fiyero knocked on the hard wooden door, "I have news of Glinda, you may want to hear on how she is doing?"

Glinda hadn't been doing very well since she assumed I was dead. The other week I heard news that she tried to take her own life, again. these updates seem to be getting worse and worse every month and I can't help thinking that it's my fault.

I got up and opened the door to a sad looking scarecrow who pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Yero" I started as I pushed him away slightly. "...No, Yero No! she can't be!" I yelled.

"Fae, she's not dead, she's just not doing well" he whispered softly in my ear.

I wrapped my arms around his broad, straw-like shoulders.

I started to quietly sob into Fiyero's shoulder. "It burns" I sobbed as the sound of burning tears flared from my cheek.

Fiyero tightened the embrace so I was now pushing my weight against him.

"We have to find her" I decided.

"What? Fae we can't it's too dangerous, when she finds out that you are alive she could be put in prison or even.. killed"

I gasped, as I imagined a world without Glinda was not worth living even If I did have the man... scarecrow of my dreams nothing could compare to Glinda. Nothing.