Chapter 21

chapter 21
Elphaba's POV
I watched Glinda as she celebrated the 4th annual celebration of my death date. She looked tearful I must confess and she hurried away after the speech was over.
I was wearing a black long sleeved dress and silk black gloves Glinda gave to me one year for my birthday so no green skin was showing and I wore a hood so my face was hidden from all the Ozians.
I walked around Oz for quite some time, looking at all the markets and stalls, all the entertainment. all loathing me. all hating me.
it soon became dark and when the last Ozian was asleep I flew up to Glinda's balcony and opened Glinda's mansion of a room.
She was sitting on her bed..mourning.
she didn't notice my arrival because she faced away clutching my old hat and weeping.
I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.
she was sensitive because she turned around almost immediately and looked at me for a moment or two when she pulled me in close and weeped into my shoulder.
"Glin...shh dear, it's alright, I'm here shhhh" I soothed her and rocked her gently to sleep.
I left a note on her dressing room table:

Glinda.
I am sorry you have to go through with all this every year that comes around far too fast.
I'm Alive.
remember that because even though you feel like mourning, I'm always here to protect you and keep you safe.

I love you
Yours Truly
Elphie.

I walked over to her again, kissed her forehead and flew off back out of Oz.