Nightmares Follow

3rd Pov

It was silent in the dead of night. Varian was asleep as Quirin was out on a trip for the next few days. Varian was sweating and whining as he tosses and turn, he could feel the breath in his lungs leave him as he started to get loud. Varian screamed...

Varian had bag under his eyes and his hair was messy. Varian made his way to his lab and let the sounds of machines take over his ears as he closed his eyes. It didn't work it was too much. Varian picked up his head sweating and out of breath. (Y/n) entered his lab but not before he managed to calm himself down. "Var? You in here dear?" "Over here Mi'Lady" (Y/n) walked over to him and hugged him from behind "Hey, how are you this morning?" Varian chuckled "All good, how about you?" "I'm all good here to" (Y/n) smiled about to turn Varian around but he stopped her "Not today love" Varian shrugged her off and she respectively let him go "Understood" Varian loved her so much, she was so kind and considerate and took care of his feelings. He just wished she'd care for herself as well but that's for another day.

(Y/n) sat on the chair by him sighing as she watched him slightly concerned but passed it off as just another day as the royal engineer and alchemist. "(Y/n), do you still have nightmares?" (Y/n) flinched but regained her posture "I do, yes, why are you asking?" Varian made sure he wasn't looking at her, his face hidden from her view. "It's happening again" (Y/n) looked at Varian concerned "How often?" Varian bit his lip "Every night" "How bad?" Varian turned to (Y/n) his worn exhausted eyes taking away most light from his normal shine "That's for you to decide now" (Y/n) put her hand on top of his and tried to comfort him but he turned her away "Please just go away" (Y/n) frowned but nodded "Okay, if you need me then come get me" Varian nodded and smiled.

Varian tried to sleep to the sound of the cranks and gears but gasped his face full of sweat. He brushed his hands in his hair exhausted as he sighed. Varian started to sob upset from the lack of sleep he now goes through.

.

(Y/n) entered his lab it was dark out and she found him asleep. It was silent for a few minutes until he started to panic in his own dreams "STOP IT!" (Y/n) ran to his side and hugged him "It's okay Varian, you can relax!" Varian kept panicking as the tears streamed through his eyes and onto (Y/n)'s dress on the shoulders. She didn't mind though, especially since all she cared for now was her lover's relaxation. "Varian it's okay" Varian gripped tightly on her arms as he cried "Shut up! I-It's n-not-- it's not.." (Y/n) closed her eyes ignoring the gripping pain seething in her arms as he held her tighter "It'll be okay" Varian sobbed his hands starting to tighten against her arms. The pain was overwhelming but she ignored it as best as she could and hugged him tighter. "I got you, whatever you're seeing isn't actually happening right now. Varian, right now we're in your lab as your father is off on a trip and it's (Y/n) here. I'm holding you right now, do you feel it?" (Y/n) squeezed lightly and Varian nodded. "That's good, listen you're safe and with me" Varian had his eyes shut almost in a mix of reality and dream able to listen to (Y/n) but in his mind things were playing differently.

Varian was surrounded by the things he did, none of it was good. His guilt, fear and pain. His father encased in amber as everyone hated him. (Y/n) in a cell alone rotting for letting him go. Rapunzel upset at his betrayal. No one trusting him. Using (Y/n). Losing his father more than once.

And yet a small light shined in it (Y/n)'s voice rang "I'm here, Varian I'm here for you" Varian felt so exhausted and drained... It hurt so much, he would do so much for it to go away. "Go ahead Varian, relax and sleep. You need it"

Varian took a deep breath in and relaxed his body. Drifting into his dreams. Able to relax even in his sleep...

(Y/n) opened her eyes to see Varian rest, his chest rising up and down slowly his bangs covering some of his face and (Y/n) brought him closer to her and got up with him in her arms. (Y/n) moved to his room and put him down gently. She was about to leave until Varian grabbed onto from behind her waist and mumbled under his breath "Don't leave me" (Y/n) blushed and went to the other side of the bed and laid down, Varian held her closer to himself as their noses started to touch a little. (Y/n) smiled and Varian pulled himself closer once more so much that his entire body was pressed against hers.

Alchemy and the MoonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara