What Once Was Mine

3rd Pov

After Varian set up the hot air ballon for Eugene and Rapunzel and they left. Varian went to (Y/n)'s house and entered her room. "Knock knock" Varian opened the door but didn't see (Y/n). Ever since losing her half of the Moonstone which she had since before birth, (Y/n) had been silent at times and unresponsive to daily things. Monty doesn't want her working at the Shoppe until she's recovered, he wasn't that mad at Rapunzel for this more to himself for not knowing and not being there for his daughter. "(Y/n)!? A-are you here?" Varian saw her quilt and unveiled it to see (Y/n) huddled in a ball with tears down her eyes.

(Y/n) was constantly plauged by nightmares since, Varian stayed with (Y/n) every night to comfort her whenever she woke up screaming as loud as she did when Cass stripped her of her power. It scared the crap out of Varian at first but lately it didn't shock him just worried him. "Rough night?" Her (e/c) eyes drifted to Varian's blue eyes. (Y/n) cringed seeing reality mix with recent events scaring her as she backed away. "Hey hey, no need to be scared it's me. It's Varian" (Y/n) blinked in confusion and focued on Varian "Var" "Yep" "I'm scared, how long will this last?" Varian was unsure as eveyone else was, but he had to keep hope for himself and for his girlfriend.

"It won't last long, you'll be back on your feet in no time" (Y/n) smiled she knew it false hope but what else does she have to hold on to now? Her smile faded and (Y/n) stood up so suddenly that Varian almost fell back. "(Y/n)?" "No more moping! Come on Varian just because I lost something doesn't mean I should lose myself!" Varian looked at his lover blushing at her courage and grineed "God, I love you so much" (Y/n) grinned and tackled Varian whilst kissing him.

Varian seprated the kiss looking into her sparkling (e/c) eyes and gave a lop-sided smile "There's the (Y/n) I know and love" (Y/n) blushed and smiled "I'm back"

.

Varian was holding onto (Y/n)'s hand as they both walked down the street "Hey Xavier" "Ah hello Varian and (Y/n) out on a romantic stroll I presume?" Varian scratched the back of his neck with his free hand "Uh yeah" Even though they were happily together and the entire Kingdom knew it still made them both shy when someone called out on it. "Have fun you two"

.

The day was almost over and Rapunzel and Eugene finally made it back "Hey (Y/n)! You're up!" Rapunzel gave (Y/n) a bear hug (Almost knocking the wind out of her lungs) "Aaaah I missed you so much" "Yep I realized even though I lost my powers, doesn't mean I should lose myself you know" Eugene smiled walking closer "Yeah we do"

"So what did Calliope need help with?" Rapunzel looked down "It was Cassandra, she has the talisman over the BrotherHood, we also learned she's working with Zhan Tiri who has taken the form of a young child" (Y/n) froze "That's who I was seeing in my visions?" Rapunzel's eyes widen and she stared at (Y/n) "Why didn't you tell us?" (Y/n) shook her head "First off, I didn't know it was Zhan Tiri the demon girl and second I didn't want to alarm anyone unless I had facts and who or what she was" Rapunzel sighed "That's okay, we understand your reasoning (Y/n)"

Varian started staring at his girlfriend for reasons he didn't even understand. Just looking at her made his mind go blank and his legs feel like jelly. Eugene whispered into Varian's ear "So, did you have fun doing it with your girlfriend on hearts day?" Varian yelped and jumped away "W--what?" Varian dragged Eugene to the side as the two girls talked "H--Why?" "Kid there's many things I'm good at and romance is up on the list. So yes I figured out you two did it" Varian turned red "Say anything to Rapunzel and I will fight you" "You think I'm gonna tell Blondie! Varian she won't get it even if I spelled it out. And if it's any conslentation your girlfriend scares me with or without magic" Varian looked back to (Y/n) and they made eye contact she smiled. Varian turned back to Eugene with a silly smile on his face "She's so pretty" "Have you made out?" "..yes" Eugene felt like a parent now "You used protection right?" Varian turned beet red and hissed "Yes I did! Now will you please drop it!" Eugene smirked "Good, protection is important" Varian slapped Eugene away and looked to (Y/n) feeling an urge to just straight up kiss her regardless of whoever was around.

But he shoved the urge away and said goodnight to the three.