"Smiling like there's nothing wrong ,you're good at smiling." - Part 12

Nathan's pov

As much as I loved Jay and as much as he loved me. I was worrying. I had started worrying a few hours after the studio. We were at home I had leant in to kiss Jay and just before he did me Something flashed across his eyes, they glinted with something new. Regret? Worry? Fear? And from that moment I couldn't help but shake the feeling that he didn't really love me like he let on. It was when I was wrapped in his arms on the sofa that I turned and looked into his eyes.

"Jay?"

He sort of shrugged before smiling lightly.

"What's up?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Us?" I mumbled.

Jay frowned and reached out to touch my cheek.

"What about us?" A sort of fear echoed in the tone of his voice.

"Do you really love me?" I asked weakly.

That sudden worry flashed across his eyes for a split second.

"Of course." His voice wasn't as loud as usual, i could almost hear the regret.

"You're lying." I whispered in defeat.

Jay lifted his hand away from my face.

"W-What?"

I suddenly stood up and rage cursed through my veins.

"YOU'RE LYING TO ME! I CAN SEE IT HIDDEN UNDER THE MASK, I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR FACE, I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES!!" I shouted.

Jay looked defeated.

"Nath I do Love You-"

"STOP LYING TO ME JAY!" I cried and suddenly tears were filling my eyes. Shit why now?! I don't want him to know I'm weak!

"I do love you just not like that." he whispered before collapsing on the sofa.

"FOR FUCK SAKE JAY!! REALLY!? YOU HAD TO DO THIS TO ME! WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER THEN. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MESS ME AROUND AND LEAD ME ON?!"

He shook his head and a tear fell from his eye.

"I didn't think , I just thought maybe it could work, But I just don't feel-"

"ANYTHING?!" I screamed.

He looked up his features were full of guilt and regret.

"Nathan I'm sorry."

"Don't talk to me." I whispered before grabbing my hoodie, slipping on my shoes and storming out of the flat..."

Sorry it's short! I'm finding it hard to update at the moment!