Tortorous Love - A Way To Cope

Warning: mentions of self harm, drug dealing, bomb explosion and abuse in this chapter. Read at your own risk!!

10:30am

Priya pressed the razor firmly against her wrist and moved it harshly. She was feeling absolutely horrified and worried about everything. She woke up feeling traumatised by all the torture taking place in her life, not knowing when it would end. Tears were streaming down her rosy cheeks and a whimper left her mouth.

She didn't sleep well last night. She had a few nightmares of all the attacks and the explosion. She kept hearing and seeing the explosion in her sleep. Prem and Preeti comforted her to sleep, but still she was so weak and tired.

You're weak and pathetic - her mind told her.

The evil thoughts on her mind made her aggressively cut her wrist more. Once the pain started, she took it out. She saw blood oozing and immediately pressed the tissue to wipe it off. She winced at the stinging feeling, but once it was wiped off, she flushed the tissue away and rolled her sleeve down. She washed the razor under the cold tap and put it back in the cabinet.

She wiped her tears and took a deep breath before leaving the bathroom.

Priya went back to her room. The sun shone brightly and she just stared outside. Everyone had already woke up and the house was filled with joy and laughter, but it was not matching her mood. She stared outside and just became lost in her thoughts.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. Priya raised an eyebrow at who it was that was calling her right now. She walked over to where her phone laid on the bed and saw the number that was calling her.

(+91) 5672 404 150

It was Rita. Priya's heart started thumping vigorously. She didn't know whether she should pick up. She only knew trouble was on her way. She was so used to just danger coming into her life that now she wasn't even surprised about it.

Whatever is the reason she's calling you, don't hold back and get scared. We all know you're stronger than this and Prem and the others will be there with you. Her heart said.

She swiped the green phone sign to receive the call and she put the phone near her ear.

"Where is it?" Rita's sinister and harsh voice was heard through the phone.

Do something, you weak and pathetic wimp - her daunting conscience told her.

Courage, Priya, courage. You can do this. Her heart said.

Priya had a feeling she was talking about the young picture of Vishal. But, that meant that Priya had the upper hand and she would get the truth from Rita.

"What are you talking about, Rita?" Priya sneered.

"The photo. Where is it? I know you have it." Rita replied rudely.

"And I wonder why you had it first." Priya asked in a bitter tone. She heard silence over the phone, knowing that Rita was busted. That made Priya smirk in triumph.

"Don't act smart with me. Just come to the backyard after breakfast and simply give the picture back. I'm not here to attack you." Rita said.

Priya knew she could use this opportunity to find out why Rita had the picture of Vishal. It was one step closer to perhaps ending all this.

"Theek hain." Priya said before ending the call.

She put her phone down and sighed. She hoped she would find out something. Even if it was something small, it would help her. She needed to end this torture, for her safety and her relationship with Prem.

Voh Meri Rajkumari Haiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें