This Is For His Own Good

Warning: Mentions of sexual harassment and sleeping pills in this chapter. Please read at your own risk!!

"Papa, Mummy ne kal raat se kuch nahin kaiya hai. Lagta hai bohot parishani hai. (Father-in-law, mother-in-law hasn't eaten since last night. It looks like she's stressed.)" Sadhana said as she placed a tray of food on the dining table.

The family were having a nice breakfast together. Everyone was sat on the dining table, but Priya and Mamta were not.

"Kya? What would she be stressed about?" Vivek, Prem and Sameer asked.

"That's strange because she's always here first making breakfast." Sangeeta said feeding her daughter, Radhika, and her two nephews Raju and Bablu.

Bhagwanti smirked to herself, knowing that Mamta was stressed about Prem and Priya's relationship.

"Aisa karo, beta. Take her breakfast upstairs. I'll speak to her." Ram said, taking off his glasses.

Sadhana nodded and carried the tray carefully upstairs. There was silence on the dining table, until Bhagwanti's mobile phone rang.

Everyone looked at her as she raised an eyebrow in confusion as to why her phone was ringing. She got her phone and received the call,

"Hello?"

"Hello, am I speaking to Miss Bhagwanti Singh?" The voice on the phone said.

"Yes. May I ask who is calling?" She asked.

"This is DS Arohi Khan speaking from the Mumbai Police Station. I need you to come down to the station to give your statement regarding sexual harassment of Miss Priya Malini." DS Arohi Khan said.

"Right now?" Bhagwanti said nervously. She tensed when she heard what DS Arohi Khan said.

"Yes please." DS Arohi Khan said.

"Acha." Bhagwanti said.

"Thank you." DS Arohi Khan said and the call ended.

"Kya hua, Mami ji? You seem a bit tensed and scared?" Anjali asking, raising an eyebrow. She knew what made Bhagwanti tense. They all knew who it was, except Pritam and Sunita.

"Kuch nahin. I'm going." Bhagwanti said loudly. Everyone else rolled their eyes.

"Thank the Lord." Sunita muttered, making Pritam snicker.

"Hope you get run down to your death bed." Rohan muttered, which the others sniggered at.

"What's so funny?" Bhagwanti said.

"Kuch nahin. They were just wishing you a good day." Pritam said. Bhagwanti flashed a fake smile and left the dining hall. They heard the front door shut, meaning she had already left.

"Talk about ruining my mornings." Rohan said. Everyone laughed.

"She never closes her fat trap, does she?" Anand said.

"Prem beta, how did Priya sleep last night?" Sunita asked Prem with a smile.

Prem remembered how Priya was last night. Priya struggled sleeping last night. She whined in devastation because of more nightmares and tossed and turned whilst wrapped in Prem's arms. He obviously did not know about sleeping pills that Priya took.

"Prem beta." Pritam said louder to grab his attention. Prem broke off from his trance.

"Oh, um. She struggled to sleep last night. She had more nightmares. Preeti and I comforted her, but still." Prem said.

"When will this all end? She's suffered enough." Preeti said.

"We will find a solution for all this. Don't worry. We're in this together." Vivek said with a smile. The others nodded in agreement and continued chatting whilst eating.

Voh Meri Rajkumari Haiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें