Everything Hurts

Warning: mention of self harm in this chapter. Read at your own risk!!

1:00pm

Priya hadn't realised that she was in the bathroom for nearly an hour. She was drowning in her own tears for so long.

Currently she was still sat on the bathroom floor. She stopped crying, although her face was tear stained. She was just staring into space, deep in her thoughts. The others were still arguing in the livingroom.

She decided to check her phone for any messages. So she got her phone out and pressed the button of it to see her lockscreen. She saw the messages from the group chat and Prem from earlier, but there was a recent message from Vishal.

Vishal: Hey. Did they ask about where you went?

Priya took a deep breath. She didn't know whether she should tell him what happened. But then again, Vishal was a trustworthy person and she was with him earlier, so there is nothing to hide from him.

She unlocked her phone to reply to his message.

Vishal: Hey. Did they ask about where you went?

Priya: Yes. It didn't turn out well. Rita and Aunty (Prem's mother) know that I went in your car. They just don't know it was you.

Priya sent the message and then went offline. Vishal was not replying right now, so she assumed he was busy.

She stared at her home screen for a few minutes. It was the same picture as her lockscreen - a selfie of her and Prem, who leaned to the side to kiss her lips with wrapping his arms around her and not looking at the camera, whilst Priya was kissing him back, looking at the camera. She smiled fondly at it, but then had this doubt that Prem would break up with her soon because of the assumption his mother said.

He should dump your irrelevant and worthless ass. You're a burden to him - her mind told her.

She felt her tears stream down her face, but a whimper didn't leave her mouth. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, making Priya startled, followed by familiar and soothing voices.

"Priya? Baby sister? Are you in there?" Sadhana and Preeti said softly.

Should I respond or not? Priya asked herself. She wanted to trap herself in the bathroom forever, where she could cut her wrist whenever she felt like it.

That was something else she needed to consider - hide from the others that she would start self harming. They wouldn't understand her pain, so why should she tell them? She needed to find her own time to self harm when she wanted to. She also needed to be careful about it so they wouldn't find it.

"Priya, honey, we know you're in there." Neha and Anjali said.

Priya took a deep breath and wiped her tears.

"Coming." She said in a cracked and hoarse voice (hoarse because of all the crying).

She grabbed her bag, where her phone, Rani's necklace and Vishal's young picture was in, and unlocked the door.

As soon as she opened the door, she saw Sadhana, Preeti, Anjali, Neha, Sangeeta, Simran and Chameli all smiling at her. She looked up at all of them (since she was the shortest out of all of them) with teary eyes.