2

Kamira Marie Raines
East Harlem📍

"You talk to daddy today?" Kamira asked her sister. They were both currently up and getting ready for school.

Amira shook her head. "I called but he didn't answer. He probably was in a meeting or something," she shrugged and Kamira nodded.

Their father, Micheal was a Foreign Service Officer which made him travel a lot. He was barley ever home, he sent them money every week and occasion phone calls but other than that the girls have raised themselves since 14.

They loved their father dearly but sometimes it felt like that didn't have one or he just didn't love them back. It was like he just took care of them because he felt obligated to not because he loved his daughters and wanted the best for them.

"You ready?" Amira asked peeking her head in Kamira's room. Kamira nodded grabbed her purse and her phone off her bed before following Amira out the door.

"I can't wait until we graduate," Kamira sighed. The had officially two more months until graduation and Kamira was more than ready. She was so happy to be getting ready to go to college.

"Me too," Amira agreed. She on the other hand was just ready for a change. She loved her high school friends but she had a feeling college was going to be so much better.

Amira had already committed to Columbia University. She had decided she didn't wanna leave the state and be away from her grandmother and sister, even though Kamira still hadn't decided where she wanted to go yet.

Kamira was stuck between Columbia also and Morgan State. She wanted to leave New York but she didn't wanna leave Amira, her grandmother and especially Zakani.

"You decided where you wanna go yet?" Amira asked her.

Kamira shook her head. "No... I really want to go to Morgan State but I don't wanna leave you... and I know Kani will upset if I leave."

Amira scoffed loudly. "Mira, when you gon stop putting his happiness over yours?"

"I'm not Amira," she sighed. "He's my boyfriend and I just don't wanna be away from him. Is that so bad?" She felt like Amira didn't understand her or her relationship.

"Yes, yes it is when he's the thing holding you back from your dreams and the thing that breaks you down over and over again," Amira snapped.

"Okay, Mir," Kamira sighed. They conversation wasn't going anywhere just like how it always wasn't.

Soon the had pulled up to the school. There was kids scattered everywhere. Some where walking from the parking lot. Some where walking up the street. Most were just hanging outside the front doors.

Kamira admittedly spotted Zakani with a group of boys who were squatting down rolling dice. She smiled and was getting ready to walk over to him put stopped when she seen a girl tap his shoulder.

She watched as Zakani turned around and stood up. The girl had a big goofy grin on her face making Kamira roll her eyes. She scrunched her face up while watching them talk wondering why he ain't aint told the girl to go away yet.