Chapter Thirty-Three

After a few weeks, Severus told Remus that he was going to stay with Lily for a few days. He felt he owed Remus the opportunity to have some time alone with his own parents and he had missed Lily. So he Apparated to Lily's house and, when she excitedly opened the door, having seen him through the window, it was clear that she had missed him too, warming his heart.

"Severus! It's so great to see you!"

She instantly pulled Severus into a hug. 

Rose, smiling behind her, then also gave Severus a hug.

"How have you been, Mrs_ Rose?" He asked, looking up at her with big eyes to apologise for his mistake.

She laughed.

"We've been wonderful, thank you. Now, Lily, attend to your guest!"

Lily took Severus upstairs, leading him by the hand with a big smile. It had been awhile since she'd seen him, and, although he had sent her letters almost daily, it wasn't nearly the same as seeing him in person.

"How have you been?" She asked. "How's Remus?"

"Remus is good and so am I," Severus grinned. "Even better now that you're here in front of me."

Lily always made him happy.

"Stop it," she giggled, blushing. 

However, she then gave him a serious look.

"Anyway, you said you were up to something in your letter and I need to know that it's not mischief. So what it is, Master Dumbledore?" She asked, hands on hips in an excellent expression of both her mother and the future Mrs Weasley.

"I was thinking about making a potion to cure lycanthropy," Severus admitted, chewing on his lip.

Lily was astonished.

"Permanently?"

"If I possibly can."

Lily may not know that Remus was a werewolf but she was certainly a kind-hearted person.

"Of course you should try to do that! Although, what are you going to do if people don't want to take the potion? There must be some of those sorts of people out there."

"Yes, that is one issue," Severus murmured, thinking of Fenrir Greyback.

"Well, I think you should do it," Lily said determinedly. "If you can spare the majority of werewolves that pain then it's worth it."

"I love it when you're on my side," Severus said, grinning.

Lily smiled.

"Aren't I always?"

"Fortunately, most of the time."

*

Lily's house wasn't his only stop, however, although he spent a few happy hours with her. Severus was popping in to see Regulus at the famous Black abode. He only hoped that he wouldn't bump into Sirius, and prayed that, for once, such wishes would not come true.

A much younger Kreacher answered the door.