Prolog

So this was originally just a couple of oneshots, but you guys asked me to turn it into a novel instead, so this is my attempt to do that. The prolog is new but the first three chapters are the same as the ones in "Malec smutty oneshots".

I dont ususally begin a story without having it planned out first, so I dont know how well this is going to turn out, but I'll give it a try. I hope you'll enjoy it either way. Fingers crossed :)

- Love Ayana

"Remember, son, we don't speak unless spoken too, or if we have information to give to Mr. Bane. All right?"

The young boy with the hazel eyes nodded. His father ruffled his hair with a big smile on his face.

"Good Boy." The man opened the car door and was about to step out, but then he remembered something. "Oh, and don't tell your mother about this. She won't like that I pulled you out of school for the day."

"I won't, dad. I promise." The hazel-eyed boy made a cross over his heart with his index finger.

"Good. Now, lets pick up my boss."

The father and his young son stepped out of the car and walked up to the front door. It was a huge estate, and the boy glanced around as his father held his hand and led him towards the house. The yard in front of the house was beautiful with rose-covered espaliers lining the path from the gate to the door.

In the middle of the courtyard was a gorgeous fountain with water rippling across stones, all illuminated by the most beautiful light which made it feel like they were inside a magical garden. The boy thought it looked like a perfect home for water fairies and something inside him made him feel like he was about to live out his own fairytale. Now just waiting for his perfect adventure.

"Mr. Bane."

The man greeted his boss, and the boy stepped behind his father, knowing that he was supposed to be as invisible as he could, so he wouldn't be in the way. Mr. Bane was a very important man and didn't have time for interruptions. At least that was what his father had told him.

"Right on time, Mr. Lightwood. Just as usual." Mr. Bane, smiled at the father before noticing the young boy.

"This is my son. He wanted to come with me today. To see what I do when I'm working. I hope it's all right"

"That's fine. We'd better get going. We need to pick up my son before we go to the airport."

"Yes sir."

The man released his sons hand and nearly jumped towards the car to open the door for Mr. Bane. The young boy thought he had never seen anyone look more impressive than his father did in that moment. The boy came to realize that he too wanted to be a man that helped important men get through their busy day. In his eyes his father was the only reason Mr. Bane was able to do all his important things. The boy was very impressed.

Once his father put the car in motion, the boy turned towards him.

"I want to be a driver just like you, Dad! I want to help important people do important things!"

The father chuckled and ruffled the boy's hair.

"If you do well in school, you'll might be the man that does the important things instead." The father saw the boy's smile fade. "but if it's what you truly want, then of course you should be a driver too, my boy. One day, when you are older, I'll teach you all the things that is needed to be a good driver."

Pure happiness covered the boys face when he looked at his father and the man knew he would stop at nothing to always keep his boy this happy.

When they finally arrived at the school and the father stepped out to open the door, the boy jumped out and stepped in front of the father.

"Can I do it? Please?"

The man smiled and gestured for the boy to take charge. Pride beamed in his eyes as he opened the door for the important man. As soon as Mr. Bane stepped out of the car, the boy eagerly announced:

"I'm going to be a driver when I grow up, just as my dad!"

"that sounds like a great plan, young man. Maybe one day you'll work for me too."

Before the boy could answer, another young boy arrived at the car. When the hazel-eyed boy saw the other young boy, everything around him faded away. Without knowing how or why, the young boy couldn't remove his eyes from the other boy.

"good, Magnus. Now get in the car, we've got to go to New York. I have an important meeting and your mother is not home, so you are coming with me."

The other boy, the one with the brown eyes, sighed loudly and tossed his bag inside the car, before climbing in with a dissatisfied grunt.

"Stop being so dramatic, Magnus. It's good for you to see me work. The company will be yours one day, after all."

Mr. Bane got into the car and so did the man and the young boy. Once inside the car, the young boy couldn't stop himself from looking into the backseat. Watching the brown-eyed boy.

"Son, don't stare at them. It is not our place. Remember, we are only here to service Mr. Bane. So, we don't interact with them, unless asked too." The father reached over turned his son back around in the seat, so he was looking straight ahead once more, "and we don't stare at them. Ever!"

"Yes daddy..."

"Good boy. If you want to be a driver, you have to learn how to be the help and not their equal." The man caressed his son's hair. "one day you'll understand it. I promise."