Epilog

Right now, everything felt so different. Alec didn't quite know how he had gotten there. How everything had changed so quickly.
And now, his life would never be the same again.

Right outside the door, men in uniforms were waiting for him. Ready to take him to his destiny.

Alec swallowed thickly and fought back the tears that was filling in his eyes. He couldn't cry. Not now. He wouldn't. he just had to man up.

The door opened and the police officer stepped in.

"its time."

"just one more second, please. Give me just one more second."

"I'm sorry, I can't. We have to go now."

Alec took a deep breath and turned around.

"I'm ready..."

The police officer looked him over. Then he smiled.

"not yet." He stepped closer. "you tie is crooked." The police officer fixed his tie and placed his hands on Alec's shoulders. "you deserve this, Alec. "

"Thanks."

"I mean it. You have been incredible these last couple of months. If it wasn't for you, we would never have gotten as far as we have.

Alec smiled and thought back on the day, where everything changed.

"It's for the cause! He sacrifices himself! that's true devotion! He uses your kind's filthy habits against them and drives them to suicide! Its genius!" Jack yelled.

"You crazy son of a bitch! You don't deserve to live!"

When jack began to laugh uncontrollably, Alec stood up straight with a grin on his face. Then he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled of a mic.

"Did you get that?"

The door opened and in stepped a cop.

"We sure did. Every single word."

"What?" Jack looked around in shock. "No! you can't do this, you can't! I won! We WON!"

"sorry, I guess I just couldn't control my temper." Alec winked at Jack before he walked out of the room as the guards came to take Jack back to his cell.

"Thank you Alec. With this we can finally get our hands on PFCA."

"PFCA?"

"yes. It's an extremists' group that calls themselves Patriots For a Clean America. We figured that Jack was a part of it, but we could never get anything on his brother. Not before you and Elijah contacted us."

"happy to help."

"we could actually use some more help. Would you like to help us take down this group?"

Alec smiled at the memory. That was four months ago, and now he worked as a consultant for the police while still getting his education.

"Are you ready?".

"As ready as I'm going to get."

"Good. I know you have been working a lot lately, and I'm just so happy you still found time to do this. And im extremely thankful that you invited me and the guys." the officer squeezed Alec's shoulder.

"Now, lets get you married."

------

The garden had been decorated with flowers and lights. It looked magical under the starry night. In the middle of the garden, there was a large, beautiful table with every seat filled up by guests dressed in stunning clothes.

"I would like to make a toast." Jonathan stood up and raised his glass to the happy grooms sitting at the head of the table. Alec in a black tuxedo, Magnus in a white.

"Alec. Magnus. I can't tell you how much you mean to me. And seeing you two together. Nothing will ever make me happier than that."

Elijah Squeezed Jonathan's hand while looking lovingly up at his boyfriend. Jonathan smiled back and continued.

"Alec, you saved my life every day when we were kids. I don't think you know you did that, but I would never have survived without you."

Alec raised his glass and nodded his appreciation to Jonathan.

"Magnus. You took care of me in a way I still can't believe. You looked after me because Alec loved me. You put Alec first and put his needs before anything ekse, and that his inspired me to try and live up to your selflessness every day."

A single tear streamed down Magnus face, as Jonathan continued.

"If it wasn't for you guys, I don't think I would ever have gotten out of the darkness that I was in. I still have a long way to go, but I'm on the right path because of you. You helped me and forgave me. Forgave things no one should ever be able to forgive, but that's the kind of people you are. No one deserves love and happiness more than you two, and I am truly honored that you invited me to celebrate this day with you. I love you both with all my heart. May love be forever in your life. Congratulations!"

"Congratulations!" The word was shouted in unify by the people Magnus and Alec loved and cared about.

Alec put his arms around his husband and kissed him tenderly. "I love you, Magnus. I always will."

"I love you too."

Smiling, Alec glanced at his father, and the empty seat next to him. Dedicated to his mother. As tears filled his eyes, Alec could sense the presence of his loving mother.

So this was the last chapter of Driving Mr. Bane. I hope you enjoyed the ride. I don't have any other Malec projects right now, and I may be taking a little break from writing.

I love you guys, and I hope to "see" you all soon again.

Love, Ayana