Chapter 16 Patching Things Up with His Father

Lucy's  POV:
                 Lucy thinks why does Natsu seem so upset.  It must have something to do with the phone call he received. The same one he did not answer.

                 She hands Nashi to him and smiles as he is so gentle with their daughter already. She is glad to see how great a father he is to her.

                "Natsu, dear what is it that troubles you?  Nashi and I love you," Lucy remarks.  She hears him sigh as he continues to hold Nashi and seems him give her a small kiss on her forehead.

                 Natsu's  POV:
                    "Luce, my father chose to reach out to me. He has not spoken to me in years," Natus replies.

               Natsu can tell his wife wants him to continue to speak. 

                He sits down.    "I do not trust him,"  Natsu says. 

      "He did not approve of you when I first told him about us, so what could he want now?" Natsu asks.

             Natsu sees Lucy look at him as if she has a lot on her mind.  He can tell she is thinking about the information he just shared with her.

          He does not have to wait long to see how she feels about the whole thing.

                    Lucy's  POV:
                    Lucy looks at her Natsu proudly.  She does have to admit her father-in-laws phone call came as a surprise to her too.

                She thought Natsu's  father made it sound like he wants nothing to do with either of us.  She can not help,but wonder what is with his sudden contact with her husband.

             She believes it would be best for Natsu to contact him to find out.  At least then, they will both know what he has in mind, besides, maybe he wants to apologize.

                "Call him back, or text him," Lucy suggests.

                    Natsu's  POV:
                      Natsu scowls at the suggestion.  However, he knows she is right.  How else will he discover the truth behind the sudden call his father gave him?

          He pulls out his phone and dials the number back.  He frowns as he waits for an answer.

                       A  few minutes later, he answers someone say, "Hello?"

                        "Hi, dad, it is me,Natsu," He says.

                   "Natsu, my son how are things for you?" His father asks on the other end.

                  "Father, what is this all about anyway?" Natsu asks as he feels his guard go up.

               "I  am sorry that I was such a bad father to you growing up,"  Mr. Dragneel answers.

                     Natsu listens on in wonder as to what it is that his father seeks from him.

              "Dad, Lucy and I are parents now, our Nashi Rosetta Dragneel was just born today,"  Natsu explains.

          Natsu waits for the speech to show his father's disapproval at once.  He is taken aback when he gets the opposite response from him.

         He smiles, and remarks, "Okay, will do and say hi to everyone for me."

                 Natsu hears a click in his ear as his father ends the conversation.  Now, he turns to Lucy who holds Nashi once more.